Windows 7 BSOD, Bad Pool Caller + Others

Aeons3

I have attached some requested information and would like to provide more. Recently I just changed to my current motherboard. Which was originally given to me via a friend that was having some BSOD's of his own. We originally thought the BSOD's where devloping due to the RAM that the MB was using. However after series of testing I have become lost as to what is actually causing my blue screens. My BSOD's have varied from IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL to BAD POOL CALLER. I have done series of 7 concurrent runs of mem test and swaped to 3 other types of verified working ram that never crashes in any other comp. setup. If possible could someone look through the attached and see what if anything I could be missing.

Attachments

• Seven Forums.rar
    625.9 KB · Views: 310
  • Rammon.rar
    80.9 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
I do apoligize forgot to add in the CPUZ information. It has now been attached.

Attachments

• CPUZ.rar
    312.6 KB · Views: 204
Not really but you may want to start by addressing this particular driver
jswpslwfx.sys 5/15/2008 when I see driver names like that I typically assume malware, which may be the case (Link Removed - Invalid URL) or it may be a legitimate driver for your Jump Start Wireless Adapter, although I don't see anything like that on your system. Update, upgrade, uninstall or rename.
In regards to network adapters you seem to have five
Name Marvell Libertas 802.11b/g Wireless LAN Client Adapter
Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\mrvw13c.sys (1.0.0.52, 239.00 KB (244,736 bytes), 5/3/2007 8:11 AM)

Name NETGEAR WG111v2 54Mbps Wireless USB 2.0 Adapter

Name Rosewill Wireless LAN 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adapter
Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\rtl8192su.sys (1086.1.1014.2009, 658.50 KB (674,304 bytes), 7/3/2012 5:45 PM)

Name NETGEAR WNA1100 N150 Wireless USB Adapter

Name Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\rt64win7.sys (7.46.610.2011, 526.60 KB (539,240 bytes), 6/10/2011 6:34 AM)
I would suggest maybe using device manager to eliminate those you are not using.
Additionally your dump files seem to be all over the place including some 0x00000124 hardware related stops. I would suggest;
Download Memtest86+ from this location here. Burn the ISO to a CD and boot the computer from the CD from a cold boot after leaving it off for an hour or more.
Ideally let it run for at least 7 passes / 6-8 hours. If errors appear before that you can stop that particular test. Any time Memtest86+ reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad Mobo slot. Perform the test RAM sticks individually as well as all possible combinations. When you find a good one then test it in all slots. Post back with the results.
See this Guide to using Memtest 86+
Lastly AsIO.sys 4/6/2009 Asus PC Probe Utility. Upgrade, update, uninstall or rename.

Not really but you may want to start by addressing this particular driver
jswpslwfx.sys 5/15/2008 when I see driver names like that I typically assume malware, which may be the case (Link Removed - Invalid URL) or it may be a legitimate driver for your Jump Start Wireless Adapter, although I don't see anything like that on your system. Update, upgrade, uninstall or rename.
In regards to network adapters you seem to have five

I would suggest maybe using device manager to eliminate those you are not using.
Additionally your dump files seem to be all over the place including some 0x00000124 hardware related stops. I would suggest;

Lastly AsIO.sys 4/6/2009 Asus PC Probe Utility. Upgrade, update, uninstall or rename.

Thanks for the quick reply. As for the mem test this was take care of already. I tested 1 stick on all 4 slots with requested and more above requested sessions. On all 4 slots no errors with both sticks of ram tested in each slot. That was my first thought. I have done some driver removing as that particular driver thought had crossed my mind. I had at one time, was testing some wireless cards for some friends as i was doing some repair for them. Removing said drivers still blue screen. From here I feel as I need to go further in depth to my problem. I do not always get a blue screen. Lets say I hop into a game for DOTA2 or Heroes of Newerth for example. My pc will randomly restart itsself with no defiing issue. Checking event's i get the general you latest pc shutdown was unexpected. A few days ago and im leaning to this as a possibility is that if i run a chkdsk on the HD it will freeze up on stage 4/5 running data checks. It almost seems like it could be that the ram and HD are not communicating at some point that could cause the issue?

If you feel im headed in the wrong direction by testing/buying a new HD let me know. I have dumped a lot of time into trying to figure out what is wrong. I used this HD in my older setup but encountered no issues. Thou im quite well aware not being able to full chkdsk is an issue that cannot be overlooked.

Lastly and sorry for the long post. I will check into the Asus Prob Utility. It is the standard for the motherboard and as far as I recall does not have an update. I will attempt to remove and give you and update on that as well. Again thank you very much so far for the assistance.

Last edited:
I would say that if you cannot successfully complete a chkdsk /R on your system drive then you are likely looking at some type of issue with your hard drive and since that is one of the next steps in troubleshooting your issue, installing a new replacement drive is probably a good idea.
Microsoft's boilerplate recommendations for just about every BSOD stop error;
  1. Download and install updates and device drivers for your computer from Windows Update.
  2. Scan your computer for computer viruses.
  3. Check your hard disk for errors.
So maybe while you're waiting on the arrival of your new hard disk, since you cannot perform step #3, you might want to make sure before you move any data over from that drive to the new one you also perform step #2. I've found this offline scanner pretty reliable What is Windows Defender Offline?

Back