Windows 7 BSOD bad_pool_header when performing file search & avg scan

hazmad

when i perform a search for anything i automatically get a bsod bad_pool_header and at the end of a full scan by avg security suite same thing. anyone know how to fix this?

got this when the computer restarted:
Windows has recovered from and unexpected shutdown
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 19
BCP1: 00000020
BCP2: 84C84658
BCP3: 84C84880
BCP4: 08450005
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Last edited:
Assuming you can get into safe mode and you are comfortable editing the registry (backup first) try this:
1. Type regedit into the search box or run dialog box and hit enter
2. Locate the UpperFilters value under the following key in the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} select it and
3. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.
4. Locate the LowerFilters value under the same key in the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} select it and
5. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.
6. Quit Registry Editor.
7. Restart your computer.

no upperfilter, but deleted lowerfilter
I believe that worked, did a full avg scan and no bsod, also search and index works, thanks. I'll let you know if i get one again.
thanks a lot

Glad to hear it, and thanks a lot for posting back and letting us know. Those registry keys are the product of third party programs. So don't be surprised if you notice that a recently installed program quits working all together or some of it's features don't work. If you experience this you can try reinstalling what ever that program is, however; your initial problem may very well reocurr. So if you determine what the program was that added that key, then you might want to see if there's an update for it.

Back