Windows 7 BSOD Double Vision

Guibone

Well, first off, I've been getting some Blue Screen about once a week now. I would try and fix it myself if I could even read what the file was. I took a picture the other day.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

My hand was not shaky or anything, this is how it appears to me. So I know its a .sys file but I've yet to determine what the name is. I included the event log below. I checked previous BSOD and they all seem to have the same two error IDs: 8193 and 13. Also, sometimes the errors with the 13 ID only appear once before the 8193 error.

/1/Level
/2/Date and Time
/3/Source
/4/Event ID
/5/Task
/6/Category

/1/Error
/2/30/08/2009 9:16:07 PM
/3/VSS
/4/8193
/5/None
/6/"Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Unexpected error calling routine CoCreateInstance. hr = 0x80070013, The media is write protected. "

/1/Error
/2/30/08/2009 9:16:07 PM
/3/VSS
/4/13
/5/None
/6/"Volume Shadow Copy Service information: The COM Server with CLSID {4e14fba2-2e22-11d1-9964-00c04fbbb345} and name CEventSystem cannot be started. [0x80070013, The media is write protected.] "

/1/Error
/2/30/08/2009 9:16:06 PM
/3/VSS
/4/13
/5/None
/6/"Volume Shadow Copy Service information: The COM Server with CLSID {4e14fba2-2e22-11d1-9964-00c04fbbb345} and name CEventSystem cannot be started. [0x800705aa, Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service.] "

I'm currently running Windows 7 Build 7100
HP Pavilion 6355ca
AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-60 2.0 GHz
2Gb ram
32 bit operating system
And most current drivers and updates have been installed

If you need any more information about my laptop or the event, just tell me. Any help with both problems (weird bsod and the actual reason for the bsod) is appreciated.
Cheers

Hi Guibone,
usually blue screens are driver related and as you say that 'most' of your drivers are installed and up to date it may be worth checking on updates.. As your using 7 I would suggest using the nearest equivelant vista driver which you can probablty download from your laptop makers web site...
Also check your bios is the latest version too..
Any problems post back..

The only problem I'm currently having with a driver is my sound driver.
Windows Update seems intent on suggesting that I change the version of my sound drivers. The driver is Conexant High Definition Audio. The problem I have with that version, which I had before I changed is that the sound quality seemed to have diminished from what it was when I had Windows Vista installed on the very same laptop. So I checked Conexant's website and manually installed an updated driver that seemed to have been released after the one I was previously using. The sound quality seemed to be better. My guess is that Windows Update would like me to use the version they are suggesting because it works better with my laptop.

Why not try the other driver as sound drivers can affect the system just as much as any other.. Also what does your laptop makers website provide as a sound driver?

Well, I installed the driver they we're suggesting and it seems to work fine now.
Also, I think I've tracked down the culprit of the bsods. Winamp Remote. When I start up the program it works fine, but after about 5-10min the Blue Screen appears. Still, I still wonder what driver its trying to access that makes it react so violently. Though I couldn't find anyone else having a similar problem with Winamp Remote on Windows 7, I've read a few forum posts stating that Winamp Media Player is not currently supported on Windows 7. I suppose that would include Winamp Remote as well

Sounds like you found the culprit... Glad to hear your working fine again now too.. I've not heard anything about the winamp problem before you but thanks for updating your post..:)

Back