Windows 7 BSOD Finally trying to do something about it

If you think the HDD is bad then check it with seatools: SeaTools for Windows | Seagate

You say you scanned the HDD, was that with a chkdsk?

In any case thanks for the update please let me know how you get on.

Yes it will need replacing by the looks of things. Did you see a error number on the DST failed part and if so what was it?

Hey there. Back at it again with the blue screens. Was working great until I came home from work and the computer was turned off. Very unstable on normal boot. Have it in safe mode with networking right now. Any suggestions

If it's running ok in safe mode then chances are it's a driver issue. Did you update anything recently?

Post any new dump files.

Looks like there was a Windows update last night. That could have been it. Restoring. Will pull the dumps and get back to you. Thanks again for the quick reply

Hey that's great! I did have a quick look at the dumps and no driver was named apart from the gpu driver so might be worth updating that at some point.

hey kemical, here we go again. BSOD. This time just a heads up i hadnt download a lot of the updates for windows 7 only the ones needed to run games. i was trying to keep it simple! ah. here is the dump file when you get a chance man. thanks again in advance

Attachments

• W7F_27-07-2016.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 293
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1A, {41284, cf8001, 12b1, fffff70001080000}

Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1!VIDMM_PROCESS_HEAP::Free+a2 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
you have a number of different bugchecks including the above, bugcheck 3B and Bugcheck 50. Most seem to point to the gpu or memory corruption and so I checked your dxdiag and your graphics look most odd. Also is there any reason for the audio being disabled?
Can you post back and let us know about your graphics device please.

Regarding Windows updates, you should ideally install them all as many are security updates and are needed to keep the machine safe. Please install whatever is missing by running the WU.

I used the tool in safe mode wth networking so that might have something to do with the audio? I'll double check that.
As far as the graphics goes I have a GTX 750ti I'll check the updates and see if the last update is crashing it. I hadn't turned off my computer in a while I just kept on putting it to sleep with no problems. 2 nights ago is when I restated and started he blue screens.
I'll do the Windows update. Hopefully it's stable enough. Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Windows Forums mobile app

Your very welcome, let us know how you get on and post any new dump files.

Back