Windows 7 BSOD Finally trying to do something about it

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 24, {1904fb, fffff8800378ca48, fffff8800378c2a0, fffff880012d40ab}

Probably caused by : Ntfs.sys ( Ntfs!NtfsFindStartingNode+52b )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
as you can see same bugcheck again. As it passed all the hardware tests try running the driver verifier:
Troubleshoot driver problems in Windows 7 with Driver Verifier Manager - TechRepublic

Please post any resulting dump files.

alright so i activated the verifier and virtual clone cd came up. i was prompted to restart. i did. So at this point should i leave the verifier running to see if it encounters any problems? Should i de-activate the verifier and uninstall virtual clone after a few days of normal use? thank you

Hi,
thank you for the update.
Please remove the driver and then turn off the verifier. See how you go now that the driver has been removed..

Hope all goes well and of course any problems please post back.

Came back from a weekend away and BSOD. I left it asleep. i tried to windows update but its stuck on searching.
Here is some other info.
When i put the desktop to sleep, i go on my laptop and its connected to my WIFI, somehow that turns on my desktop, how the heck does it do this, its annoying. same thing with the desktop in my living room, when i turn it on it turns on the bedroom(one with BSOD).

Attachments

• 081416-14523-01.dmp
    395.3 KB · Views: 431
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 50, {fffffc3e4600001b, 0, fffff80002cb47af, 7}

Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiAgeWorkingSet+425 )

Followup: MachineOwner

Cause
Bug check 0x50 can occur after the installation of faulty hardware or in the event of failure of installed hardware (usually related to defective RAM, be it main memory, L2 RAM cache, or video RAM).

Another possible cause is the installation of a faulty system service or faulty driver code.

Antivirus software can also trigger this error, as can a corrupted NTFS volume.
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff559023(v=vs.85).aspx

You went away for the weekend but left the laptop asleep? Why didn't you just turn it off?

It sounds like sleep is now the issue? If you start the machine normally does the bsod appear or no?

Also when was the last time you installed the operating system? I wonder if some system corruption has set in because every few weeks it's another problem which usually means the os is corrupt or you have a hardware issue.

I reread the entire thread and it seems both hardrive and RAM have been tested twice.

I've known of instances where even though the RAM was bad Memtest86 still wouldn't error out in the time tested. Sometimes i think it's simply a case that Memtest86 isn't run long enough but anyhow the only way around this possible issue is to use the machine with one stick of RAM installed.
If the machine eventually blue screens you swap sticks and try again with another single stick. Usually there will be one or two sticks which don't blue screen in which case you know what sticks are faulty. Now we did start down this road earlier in the thread but I'm unsure how far with it you got?

Can you check under the advanced power options that 'hybrid sleep' is enabled?

Check through the Event viewer for anything which might relate to a sleep issue.

Also you have had a number of bad HDD's, one of which you said you use for Storage. (Post #40) Please remove any of these drives in case they are affecting the system.

I usually dont turn it off unless it blue screens or i am gone a week or so. Is that bad? I couldve sworn i read that it wasnt good to keep turning off on.

I just think its weird when my machine is asleep and i turn on my laptop my machine wakes up. ive never seen that happen.

tonight i will number the sticks of RAM and start running the machine with one at a time.

I dont know if the hybrid sleep is enabled and will check for it. Does it need to be enabled or disabled?

I will check the event viewer.

My last black cavier went bad and ended up going with 250gb SSD. i have 2TB green partitioned 435gb free of 499 and 542gb free of 1.33TB. The first partition i use for some program files since i dont have too much space with the SSD. The majority of the 1.33 is personal documents, pictures and videos. thanks for your help. Here is a couple of BSOD that happened.

I usually dont turn it off unless it blue screens or i am gone a week or so. Is that bad? I couldve sworn i read that it wasnt good to keep turning off on.
There is usually quite a debate about this but in my experience as long as your not shutting down and booting back up more than once a day then it's not so bad or bad at all. When I go to bed i turn the machine off but that's the only time I'll do that. If I nip out to the store then of course i leave it running.
Years ago components used to need a good jump of power to start them up although modern systems have improved to a point where this isn't an issue anymore.

I just think its weird when my machine is asleep and i turn on my laptop my machine wakes up. ive never seen that happen.
Probably a setting somewhere, once we deal with the bsod we'll then go onto other issues.

tonight i will number the sticks of RAM and start running the machine with one at a time.
Excellent! Hope the testing goes well.

I dont know if the hybrid sleep is enabled and will check for it. Does it need to be enabled or disabled?
It can sometimes help if sleep issues are occurring so yes please check it's enabled.

Here is a couple of BSOD that happened.
Hehe I think you forgot to post the dumps?

[QUOTE="
Hehe I think you forgot to post the dumps?[/QUOTE]

oops so here is the one i was supposed to upload and the second is with the RAM #1 stick only installed

Attachments

• 081416-14523-01.dmp
    395.3 KB · Views: 433
  • 081616-9812-01.dmp
    378.7 KB · Views: 421
currently on RAM stick #2 in the same slot
unable to locate if the machine has hybrid sleep. There are no options in power management
removed my storage HD.
will post anyother BSOD. Currently not doing much anyways since i removed all my games. just browsing and using youtube and such.

oops so here is the one i was supposed to upload and the second is with the RAM #1 stick only installed
Er.... wait i'm confused. I thought the first stick of RAM you used did not bsod? (in either motherboard) Now your saying it did?

There are no options in power management
Yeah as i said it's under Advanced Power options, first click 'change plan settings' and hopefully you'll see it.

Dump files were bugcheck 50 and 1A both citing memory corruption.

currently on RAM stick #2 in the same slot
unable to locate if the machine has hybrid sleep. There are no options in power management
removed my storage HD.
will post anyother BSOD. Currently not doing much anyways since i removed all my games. just browsing and using youtube and such.

RAM#1 BSOD and thats the dump file labeled 8/16 and now i am no RAM#2. no problems yet. I will double check that sleep setting.

RAM#1 BSOD and thats the dump file labeled 8/16 and now i am no RAM#2. no problems yet. I will double check that sleep setting.
Ok sorry i was getting your thread mixed up with another I'm currently involved (also about RAM) with. Don't you have 4 RAM sticks? If so please ensure you clearly mark which is which.

on RAM #4 so far the only one that has BSOD is #1.
Fantastic! Good job on the testing too..

Did you buy the RAM as a 4 stick set? I'm only asking because RAM is usually best bought in kits as it then get's matched in the factory. This better for motherboards with Dual Channel memory.

Yea bought them all at the same time from newegg. That was going to be my next question. It's the and black edition 1600. I'll check the specs of the motherboard and compare pricing. 8g still good right? Believe it holds up to 16gb.

Sent from my iPhone using Windows Forums mobile app

Back