Windows 7 BSOD Finally trying to do something about it

Had a feeling you were going to say that. Haha. Thanks again. Played over watch with 2gb memory and was fine. Think It was just #1 stick that's bad. Have yet to install my storage drive. I'll give this a few more days and then out all the good sticks in. Thanks agian

Sent from my iPhone using Windows Forums mobile app

This is quite common where a single stick of ram will run but more will not. Sounds like you have 3 mismatched sticks of ram and if you want things to go right, while ram is so inexpensive, time to buy 3 or better yet 4 matched. If you go to www.crucial.com
and use their configurator they will match the ram for your board and guaranty the match or money back. You could take their model number and perhaps find it less expensively but then no guaranty. Curical is Micron memory among the best made and that site makes it easy. With today's hardware being more and more complex, the need to match density, cas latency and ECC factor are way more important than speed, and most places that sell ram never publish the those three things. Buying four allows you the advantage to run dual channel ram which in and by itself requires all 2 or 4 sticks to be the same model number and will increase performance as your reward.

Had a feeling you were going to say that. Haha. Thanks again. Played over watch with 2gb memory and was fine. Think It was just #1 stick that's bad. Have yet to install my storage drive. I'll give this a few more days and then out all the good sticks in. Thanks agian
Hehe, well it was only a suggestion.

Yup it does look like only the one stick was bad and it's a shame your not still within the warranty period (unless you still are in which case i'd get them replaced).
As I already mentioned (post #99) it's far better to buy 2 or 4 sticks as opposed to a single stick as they will have been matched in the factory and optimised for dual channel mode.

As usual, any issues then please post back.

Ok back again!! Since the last post I bought 4 x 4gb sticks and everything has been running great, up until yesterday when my computer died because of my battery backup. Still unsure why that failed. Fast forward today while playing rocket league I get a BSOD (didn't catch watch it was)then screen goes blank and had to manually power down.

Power back up and no post and long beeps. Read my manual and states graphics cars not installed properly. Take it out and try to power it up again. It does. 1 long then 2 short beeps = memory or graphics error. Great. Haven't tried to power it up again. Currently have my monitor hooked up to the on board graphics

Hi,
sorry to hear issue's have returned.

Bios beeps can mean different things depending on which Bios used and it's very handy that your manual has a guide

Try re-seating your RAM. Take the RAM out and then make sure slot's are free from dust.

If the bsod is still present then try testing your Ram slot's individually.

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 50, {ffffffffffffff8f, 1, fffff96000269320, 0}

Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : hardware ( win32k!NtGdiSelectClipPath+ac )

Followup:     MachineOwner
Hi,
although many of your dump files point to RAM, the above however shows the volume shadow copy driver in the stack (volsnap). Corruption is also mentioned so please run this scan:
Open an admin command prompt and type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results.

Is your storage chip set to AHCI or IDE? Ideally you want it set to AHCI when using an SSD.

07c9fd5e8e86cab8a9b0d50cba983db4.jpg
. Is this correct? That's the only one I can change.

Welp, changed it now I can getting a bsod on startup. I have one SSD as operating system and one HDD as storage. If that helps
Ah sorry forgot your running Windows 7.

To change over to AHCI with windows 7 you need to either change the setting over as you have done and then do a clean install or the other way is to make a slight change in the registry.

Change to AHCI from IDE Mode after Installation:
  1. Exit all Windows-based programs.
  2. Press [Win] + R or take the RUN option from the start menu.
  3. Now type Regedit there and press Enter Key to open up the Registry Editor Window. (If you receive the User Account Control dialog box, click Continue.)
  4. Locate and then click the following registry sub key:
    Code:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\msahci

5. In the right pane right-click Start in the Name column and then click Modify.
  6. In the Value data box, type 0 [3 is default], and then click OK.
  7. On the File menu, click Exit to close Registry Editor.
  8. Restart your computer
  9. Go to UEFI/BIOS and enable AHCI, Save & Reboot
  10. Another restart will be required to finish the driver installation.

If your uncomfortable with the above then just leave it on IDE until you next re-install and change it over then.

I also took a look at your scannow logs and it does look like that the os is corrupted. Try running the scan a few more times as it can take more than one scan to repair everything.

You could of course go for the clean install and deal with the ACHI issue at the same time but it's entirely up to you..

Well scans still return errors
Hi Traveling,
when you say the above do you mean errors in the sfc scan? If it is then yes a nice fresh copy of Windows will help as your os is quite corrupted.

Sorry forgot to ask, The bsod's have now stopped, yes?

Back