Windows 7 BSOD for past week

Gary McLorn

Hi,
I've been getting persistent BSOD for nearly a week. Any chance you could try and figure this out for me? Thanks for your help!

Gary

Attachments

• W7F_28-05-2014.zip
    4 MB · Views: 405
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa8008911a00, fffff800040073d8, fffffa800a298010}

Probably caused by : usbccgp.sys

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi Gary and welcome to the forum.
All your dump files are the same and something, either a driver or process, is causing the Windows USB driver to crash.

Checking through your drivers and the machines support page you do have updates pending. Please apply these driver and bios updates by visiting the support pages found here:
http://us.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/professional-drivers

It could be that an external device is causing the above crash try removing to test.. Also can you remember if you added any new software, hardware or updates in the week prior?

bScsiMSa.sys Fri Sep 02 22:36:05 2011: Broadcom memory stick driver please update if possible:
http://www.broadcom.com/support/

Try making the above changes and see how you go. If the bsod continues we may have to activate your driver verifier and catch the culprit that way but see how you go.

Edit:
I also moved your post over to the correct section.

Thanks for the quick reply!

I've taken a look and updated drivers as instructed. The only thing that I had done was change the battery on a 'Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 1000' the morning before the BSOD started. I didn't think this could have caused an issue but the error you found seems to maybe link to this so I have also uninstalled the mouse drivers and reinstalled.

Thanks again for your help.

Gary

Hi,
sounds good. If you get any further issues just post back with any new dump files. Best of luck! :)

Sorry to be a torture!

The BSOD has continued. I have tried activating the driver verifier to identify the driver; i'm assuming the details are included within the attached zip? Would this shed any further light on what is causing the issue?

Thanks again.

Gary

Attachments

• W7F_29-05-2014.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 386
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck A, {fffff9800145efa8, 2, 1, fffff80003156588}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for edevmon.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for edevmon.sys
Probably caused by : edevmon.sys ( edevmon+2463 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
pretty much the same as before although Eset is now being caught by the debugger too. It's not unknown for Anti-virus apps to cause issues and I'd try removing Eset, just to test, and installing MSE as it's known to be extremely stable:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/security/pc-security/mse.aspx

Eset has a number of links relating to bsod here:
http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2911

Hi,

I just thought I would update in case it is helpful to anybody else. I disabled ESET Antivirus and continued to get the BSOD.

After narrowing down what was running before the BSOD occurred each time I discovered it was something to do with Google Chrome; specifically the Flash player built in with Chrome. I disabled the flash plugin and haven't had any other BSOD now for over 3 days.

I'm not sure why it was causing the problem or why the analysis of the dump files pointed to other issues but it appears to have been the problem!

Thanks for your help and taking a look at it for me!

Gary

Thanks for updating your thread as we are always learning and any data is invaluable.

Back