Windows 7 BSOD gone before I can read it

rien

I got the BSOD but the computer restarted before I could read the screen. Is there any way this can be stopped or slowed down so it can be read?

Since you do not mention when you have a BSOD (on startup or during a session) i'll give you 2 possible solutions you would maybe like to try;
first in case of a BSOD during a session (and you are able to login still)
Goto Start->My Computer->right click properties-> System security (or something alike, please forgive me my translation)->Advanced TAB->Startup and recovery-> and on that tab something like Startup and recoverysettings. Deselect "restart computer automatically" (so leave it blanc).

If you have a BSOD on startup (and so you are not able to change the settings mentioned above) my personal trick is to use a camcorder. But maybe there are some seniors arround here (i know at least 1 who might be able to get you out of Trouble :) )who knows a more conviniant trick

Good luck!

O, PS: Sometimes it even helps to hit the Pause key on your keyboard. But then again you will have to be very fast.

Last edited:
Hello and welcome.

Please navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump to copy the files in there to any other folder. Zip the files then attach the zip to a post. We'll see what we can do for ya. :)

Long story short, not so good...0x124 stops are typically hardware errors or defects.

Please take the following necessary step and then post new crash dumps to see if further ones are able to show all drivers, as this one does not (only ~ 15%) -

Uninstall Symantec/Norton in safe mode using the tool found here:

AV Uninstallers - Windows 7 Forums

Reboot and install MSE to replace.

---------

Update all of the motherboard bios and drivers to latest on the manufacturer's site.

Sorry I must have sent the wrong minidump file. I got rid of the AV virus checker and installed MSE a couple of weeks ago.
Everything is OK at the moment so I shall wait for another BSOD and try to get the right minidump file

Regards

Jack

I am back again but this time with the correct minidump file. This time I was absent when the machine shut down and rebooted. Although it is set not to reboot at the BSOD it did so I have no idea of the cause. The connection was via a cable modem and I was not on line to any web pages or e-mail servers.
I am using Win 7 64 bit and using MSE as the virus checker.View attachment 092110-24102-01.zip

This is another 0x124 stop and only ~15% drivers able to be shown.

Highly suggest updating the Intel Matrix Storage driver from either Intel or your motherboard websites.

iaStor iaStor.sys Thu Jun 04 21:53:40 2009

It's is very likely going to need a clean "Vanilla" install of Windows to troubleshoot and/or repair, if it is even possible without new hardware...as it is very likely something defective but not 100%.

Update the motherboard bios to latest as well. If these bsods continue, then follow this resource about how to proceed in dealing with them:

Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try - Windows 7 Forums

You can also try switching out the graphics card or using the port on the motherboard for video as part of the listed troubleshooting methods.

Good luck and you're welcome to post new crashes at any time to see if there is new information to come upon.

Back
Top Bottom