Windows 10 BSOD Memory_Managment error

greyknight

had a memory_managment bsod on windows 10 only got a mini dump if that will help, didnt have this problem till recently.

Attachments

• 092016-40843-01.dmp
    271.6 KB · Views: 353
I'm sure someone will do a more indepth analysis for you shortly, but early indications I can see from your dump file is the issue might be hardware related to memory or your hard disk.

I would suggest running a memory test, and also doing a check disk on the drive with your paging file on it (probably your C drive).

If both of those come back clean perhaps try running without AVG for a while to see if it is causing the issue (Use Windows Defender for a bit)

Code:
BugCheck 1A, {3f, 1a9cc, 35a4fd59, 35a50559}

Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( PAGE_HASH_ERRORS_INPAGE )

Followup:     MachineOwner
---------

*** Memory manager detected 1 instance(s) of corrupted pagefilepage(s) while performing in-page operations.

ADDITIONAL_DEBUG_TEXT:  Memory Manager detected corruption of a pagefile page while performing an in-page operation.
The data read from storage does not match the original data written.
This indicates the data was corrupted by the storage stack, or device hardware.

cheers for the help will get around to doing the checks, also on a side note not long after my pc started back up after the bsod my graphics card had to reset its self and how many passes do you recommened with memtest as most people seem to say around 8.

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1A, {3f, 1a9cc, 35a4fd59, 35a50559}

Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( PAGE_HASH_ERRORS_INPAGE )

Followup:     MachineOwner
---------

*** Memory manager detected 1 instance(s) of corrupted pagefilepage(s) while performing in-page operations.

Code:
ADDITIONAL_DEBUG_TEXT:  Memory Manager detected corruption of a pagefile page while performing an in-page operation.
The data read from storage does not match the original data written.
This indicates the data was corrupted by the storage stack, or device hardware.

Hi,
as Josephur rightly say's Bugcheck 1A means a severe memory management issue occured. This can indicate you have some faulty RAM but it can also be cause by corrupt data/drivers.
The additional information is interesting (posted above) and it appears your page file may have become corrupt or fragmented.

To refresh the Pagefile you only need to disable it, reboot and then re-enable.

To disable the pagefile open the run application.

Type sysdm.cpl in the run box and click ok.

Look across the top of the system properties box for 'Advanced' and click that.

Under 'Performance' click settings.

You'll see 'Virtual memory' near the bottom of the next page. Simply click 'Change' and then look for 'No pagefile'. You will need to uncheck other boxes to gain access and once done make sure you save and reboot.

Once your back in the system go back and re-enable the pagefile letting the system decide on size ect.

Please run these scans to try and clear up any corruption:

File scans
Right click on the Start menu icon and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

If the BSOD continues try removing AVG as suggested and just use Defender as it's very stable.

If the bsod continues then you'll need to test your RAM. Windows does have a memory testing app but it can miss errors and the best app for the job is Memtest86.
If you open the link below you'll see you can run Memtest86 in two ways. You can either burn it to disk or install it onto a USB drive it's entirely up to you. You'll then need to enter the bios to change the boot order so you can boot from either the Disk or USB stick you have Memtest86 on.
You must test for at least 12 hours unless it becomes obvious there is a problem straight away.
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Post any new dump files.

Oh and your thread was moved to correct section.

done the hardrive scan came back with 4KB of bad sectors, then did the file scan the first sfc /scannow couldnt fix the files, then did the dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth was okay so i did sfc /scannow again and no joy still has corrupt files, do you want me to post the cbs log and the persistant cbs log as well to see if that helps, going to run the memtest tonight. Also forgot i have refreshed the pagefile.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update. Try running the sfc scan again as it can sometimes take 2-3 scans to put things right. If it still cannot repair the corruption then please post the CBS log.
i have refreshed the pagefile.
Good job!
going to run the memtest tonight
Best of luck, remember run for 12hrs if possible.

Post any new dumps

ran sfc scan two to three times still no luck anyway ill post the cbs log

Attachments

• CBS.txt
    6.8 MB · Views: 512
ran sfc scan two to three times still no luck anyway ill post the cbs log
I had a look over the logs and can you tell me if you have at any point 'clean' installed Windows 10 or have you always upgraded? If you've always upgraded then ideally you want to back up what you can and perform a clean install.

i did a clean install a couple of days ago. Only upgraded when i went from 7 to windows 10, used a usb to install windows 10

ill do that and the memtest as well to see if that can narrow the problem down even more. Also my graphics card keeps reseting could that be down to the corrupt files.

did the seatool tests below are the results

SMART - Started 21/09/2016 02:16:21 AM
SMART - Pass 21/09/2016 02:16:27 AM
Identify - Started 21/09/2016 02:16:39 AM
Short DST - Started 21/09/2016 02:53:55 AM
Short DST - Pass 21/09/2016 02:54:30 AM
Short Generic - Started 21/09/2016 02:54:39 AM
Short Generic - Pass 21/09/2016 02:56:24 AM
Long Generic - Started 21/09/2016 02:56:33 AM
Long Generic - FAIL 21/09/2016 02:57:23 AM
Identify - Started 21/09/2016 02:57:58 AM
SMART - Started 21/09/2016 03:00:02 AM
SMART - Pass 21/09/2016 03:00:07 AM

SMART - Started 21/09/2016 02:16:21 AM
SMART - Pass 21/09/2016 02:16:27 AM
Identify - Started 21/09/2016 02:16:39 AM
Short DST - Started 21/09/2016 02:53:55 AM
Short DST - Pass 21/09/2016 02:54:30 AM
Short Generic - Started 21/09/2016 02:54:39 AM
Short Generic - Pass 21/09/2016 02:56:24 AM
Long Generic - Started 21/09/2016 02:56:33 AM
Long Generic - FAIL 21/09/2016 02:57:23 AM
Identify - Started 21/09/2016 02:57:58 AM
SMART - Started 21/09/2016 03:00:02 AM
SMART - Pass 21/09/2016 03:00:07 AM

After you got the result did you try to repair the problems by running the 'Fix all' scans? This may help:
How to use SeaTools for Windows

You might be looking at a failing drive but see how you go after the fix all scans.

Looks like a failing HDD to me:down:. You could also download the free GSmartControl utility and look at the REALLOCATION SECTOR COUNT. If the Raw Value is 6 or more; that drive is gone and needs to be replaced ASAP!:waah: You can also go to UBCD.COM and create the free boot CD, and the GSmartControl utility is contained with the PartEdMagic drive utility. These are mostly Linux-based utilities and are more reliable than the manufacturer's own utilities in many cases.

Another thing to take note of is, if your computer was upgraded to W10 from W7 it's most likely about 7 years old now (W7 came out in 2009). It's highly likely that your hard drive has failed if you've never replaced it since you owned it new in 2009.:headache: Desktop PC hard drivers are only designed to last for 3 years, and only 2 years in laptops.o_O If you don't want to do more advanced hard drive testing with the above Linux utilities I mention, simply buy a new hard drive for around $80 online and swap it out--do a Clean Install of W10 as suggested and that should take care of the problem. :up:

Best of luck,
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

You might be looking at a failing drive but see how you go after the fix all scans.
As I mentioned above your hard drive could be failing and you need to run Seatools again and try the 'fix all' scans.

Glad to hear memtest came back with no issues..

tryed the seatools no look came to the conclusion its the harddrive anyways im posting a new dump file. I know youll say harddrive. Anyway this one was for a critical_structure_corruption. Also im curious about the new bsod message. Anyway ill sort out a new harddrive and thanks for the help.

Attachments

• 092416-182812-01.txt
    109.7 KB · Views: 331
Back
Top Bottom