Windows 7 BSOD on new build fresh copy of win7

SpeedyXL

Hi,
I hope someone can help. I have put together data in hopes that someone could tell me why i keep on getting BSOD on my new build.
All the parts i am using are quality. The hard drives are in good health. I have tried many things to try and figure out what the source of the problem is but have gotten no where. i have two identical hard drives that i wanted to put in RAID. So at first i did and i kept getting BSOD just before login screen. and also during windows installing updates. so i tried installing windows on a single drive and pretty much the same symptoms. The thing is it doesn't always BSOD at log in but every so often. the computer is perfectly stable after it boots completely into windows. but it will more then not BSOD at before log in or during installing updates. PLEASE HELP! any help is very much appreciated.View attachment W7F_17-06-2013.rar < here is my data.

Only 1 memory dump in the uploaded reports. If you're using a cleanup utility (such as CCleaner) please stop while we're troubleshooting these issues.

Only 88 Windows Updates installed. Most systems have 160 or more. Please visit Windows Update and get ALL available updates (it may take several trips to get them all).

You have a EnGenius 802.11n Wireless USB Adapter:
I do not recommend using wireless USB network devices. Especially in Win7/Win8 systems.
These wireless USB devices have many issues with Win7(and I suspect with Win8) - using Vista drivers with them is almost sure to cause a BSOD.
Should you want to keep using these devices, be sure to have Win7/Win8 drivers - DO NOT use Vista drivers!!!
An installable wireless PCI/PCIe card that's plugged into your motherboard is much more robust, reliable, and powerful.

This driver is missing:
Not Available ACPI\ATK0110\1010110 The drivers for this device are not installed.
Please go to the Asus download page for your motherboard, go to the Utilities section, and download/install the Asus ATK0110 ACPI Utility driver dated from 2009.

If all of this doesn't stop the BSOD's, please run these free hardware diagnostics: Hardware Diagnostics. Let us know the results and we can move on from there.

Analysis:
The following is for informational purposes only.
Code:
[font=lucida console]**************************Mon Jun 17 04:44:35.488 2013 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Owner\SysnativeBSODApps\061713-30466-01.dmp]
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (2 procs) Free x64
Built by: [B]7601[/B].18113.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.130318-1533
System Uptime:[B]0 days 0:00:17.877[/B]
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for rdyboost.sys
Probably caused by :[B]rdyboost.sys ( rdyboost+e352 )[/B]
BugCheck [B]A, {3c0, 2, 0, fffff800029e530f}[/B]
BugCheck Info: [url=http://www.carrona.org/bsodindx.html#0x0000000A]IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a)[/url]
Arguments: 
Arg1: 00000000000003c0, memory referenced
Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL
Arg3: 0000000000000000, bitfield :
    bit 0 : value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
    bit 3 : value 0 = not an execute operation, 1 = execute operation (only on chips which support this level of status)
Arg4: fffff800029e530f, address which referenced memory
BUGCHECK_STR:  0xA
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME:  System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: [B]X64_0xA_rdyboost+e352[/B]
  BIOS Version                  1301   
  BIOS Release Date             04/14/2011
  Manufacturer                  System manufacturer
  Product Name                  System Product Name
¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨``
[/font]

3rd Party Drivers:
The following is for information purposes only.
Any drivers in red should be updated or removed from your system. And should have been discussed in the body of my post.
Code:
[font=lucida console]**************************Mon Jun 17 04:44:35.488 2013 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
[COLOR=RED][B]netr28ux.sys                Mon May 25 00:38:17 2009 (4A1A20B9)[/B][/COLOR]
nvmf6264.sys                Thu Mar  4 20:04:39 2010 (4B9058A7)
amdxata.sys                 Fri Mar 19 12:18:18 2010 (4BA3A3CA)
nvsmu.sys                   Mon Mar 22 21:29:19 2010 (4BA8196F)
nvstor64.sys                Fri Apr  9 05:22:41 2010 (4BBEF1E1)
nvlddmkm.sys                Sun May 12 15:09:45 2013 (518FE8F9)
[/font]
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=netr28ux.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nvmf6264.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=amdxata.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nvsmu.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nvstor64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nvlddmkm.sys

Thank you very much for your help usasma! i have taken everything you have suggested into consideration. I am going to install a PCI lan card and see if that helps. I am going to also install that driver. I didn't realize that a USB Wifi would cause such a muck. The Wifi stick usually preloads its own drivers once you plug it in. There is an updated driver for Win7 that i usually don't install because i wasn't sure it was that necessary. Clearly i was wrong. I didn't use CClleaner with my system at that time. What happened is i have re installed windows a number of times in RAID and without too test if it made a difference. So the data package i supplied did not include all the other BSODS just the one that recently happened after i re-installed windows on just a single drive.But before on a previous installed windows i did experience BSOD on a few occasions before login and during "Configuring updates" within the login screen. I am going to re-install windows & on a RAID array once again. Do all you suggested. Get all windows updates- Update all drivers- And use a pci WIFI card. If i experience anymore BSOD i will save reports once again and also run the other program you mentioned. Also i have a quick question about windows updates. They have two main categories, Critical & Recommended. Is it crucial to install all packages from each category? Basically just install every update available? Thanks again for all your help it is very much appreciated.

I suggest installing all updates - both Critical and Recommended. There's no telling (without a lot of work) which updates will help/affect your issues.

BUT, this should be done after updating all the hardware/3rd party drivers on the system. I don't suggest updating drivers/3rd party software from Windows Update - as those programs are usually outdated. Rather, if you see a device/program listed there, you should go to the manufacturer's website and get the latest update from there.

Finally, the Asus ATK0110 ACPI Utility driver MUST NOT BE UPDATED through Windows Update. Often, when installing Windows, the system will install the 2005 version of the driver from Windows Update. This is a known cause of BSOD's.

You can avoid it installing, but there's no point in it as you'll still have to visit the Asus website and download/install the 2009 version of this Utility.

Back
Top Bottom