BSOD on new computer

mikel

I have several problems with my new computer. I have uninstalled Avast and Firebug (plugin to Firefox) but it did not help.. :( I sure would like to have Firebug installed but that would not work?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

Hi. We should be able to fix this, no problem, as long as you follow everything well.

1) Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers and delete:

PxHlpa64 PxHlpa64.sys Wed Mar 12 21:58:17 2008

Reboot.

2) Update the Realtek HD Audio driver:

RTKVHD64 RTKVHD64.sys Mon Jul 20 06:52:29 2009

RtkHDAudio

Run the auto installation program once. When it's done, reboot. Run it again until it's done.

3) Update your video card driver:

nvlddmkm nvlddmkm.sys Sat Sep 19 07:05:44 2009

NVIDIA

4) Update your nForce chipset drivers from this link for your motherboard. Look in the manual if you don't know which chipset you have:

nvstor64 nvstor64.sys Wed Apr 29 21:57:30 2009
nvhda64v nvhda64v.sys Fri Aug 21 16:23:50 2009
nvmf6264 nvmf6264.sys Thu Apr 30 15:45:59 2009
nvsmu nvsmu.sys Fri Apr 24 23:07:14 2009

NVIDIA

5) Install MSE for antivirus protection.

Good luck and enjoy.

Last edited:

mikel

Thank you very much for your fast reply and help! Unfortunately, i still got problems.. any idea? Thank you in advance!

Attachments

You're welcome. You either have incorrect bios settings or faulty RAM.

Please post a screen shot of CPU-Z spd tab and also one of the memory tab. You can Google for CPU-Z.

mikel

Oh, I wont be able to fix this on my own, right? :/
Here goes the screen shots.

Attachments

Your memory is set well in the bios. That means it is defective.

Use Memtest86+ to test overnight 8-10 passes. When errors show, then you can go ahead and replace the memory with new. Or try to return the current ones to the company for free replacement.

mikel

How could it work at all if memory is defective :eek: (understand if it is too complicated to answer..)

This is a new computer. Best advice is to just go back with the whole computer?

Thank you anyway for your help.

Simple, there's a bad address in the memory and when it is addressed, errors happen.

You could simply have the memory replaced which would fix it or return the pc for a new one.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.