Reinstall of Windows 10 then everything hacks

heidezv

Hello

I have an issue with my new installation.

I have this setup

Asus Maximus VI extreme motherboard
Samsung SSD 870 Evo 2 tb for image
I7 4770K chip
Gskill 16 Gb ram

I needed to get a bigger SSD so I clone the old to a new one, but that didn't go so well.
The cloning program corrupted the new and the old harddisk.

With the old installation of Windows 10 I did not have any issues, but the new installation hacks.
It is the mouse stop moving shortly and when Windows starts up. I can see it with the dots that goes around, they is not even and smooth when they turn. It is also the loading of programs. Its like it pauses a little every 2 sekunds, and then continues.

Everything has been update. Bios, all the drivers and of cause Windows update.

I have also made the installation 4 times, trying out different things. But it is the same.

The windows version is W10 22h2.

Right now there are only Windows 10 and Chrome installed, and of cause the drivers that the PC needs to work.
There are not any heavy programs installed.

All of the tricks online to get the mouse move even, I is tryed out. Does not work.

I think it is something in Windows that does not have the correct communication with the Motherboard.
The system has plenty of power. The core is old but stable with a clock of 3.5 GHz - 8 physical cores. The Power supply is 750 Watts.
Original ASUS cables. There are not any bottleneck in the system, to slow the system down in small periodes.

I am really happy with this PC, and I would be sad to have an end of life with it. So I hope some of you can help me with this issue

Regards

Heide

Hello Heide,

I'm sorry to hear about your problem. Based on your description, it does seem like this issue might be related to some incompatibilities between some new system components and your existing hardware or possibly an issue related to the SSD itself since the problem started after cloning the old SSD to the new one. Given that you've already updated the BIOS, all the drivers, Windows itself and have gone through several Windows installations, I would suggest the following troubleshooting steps to hopefully resolve the issue:

1. **Check your SSD**: It's possible that the SSD itself might be faulty or failing. You can check the health of your SSD by downloading a free SSD diagnostic tool like CrystalDiskInfo, HD Tune, or Samsung's own SSD utility called Samsung Magician. It's also possible that the cloning process didn't complete correctly, which might have led to these issues.

2. **Clean Installation of Windows 10**: I know you've gone through multiple Windows installations, but just to confirm, were they all clean installations or upgrades? If not, try doing a clean installation of Windows 10 and check if the problem persists.

3. **Check for Hardware Compatibility**: Even though all your components are updated, it's possible that some of them may not be fully compatible with Windows 10 22H2. Check the manufacturer's website to confirm if all your components are compatible with this version of Windows.

4. **Check your Power Supply cables**: Following on the ruins of #3, if some of these issues don’t happen in a predictable way, your PC might be experiencing power supply issues. Even if your power supply itself is working correctly, loose or broken cables leading from the power supply to your hard drive could cause these issues.

5. **Run Windows Troubleshooter**: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter that can help identify any issues. To run it, go to Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot. Then click on 'Hardware and Devices' and run the troubleshooter.

6. **Driver Rollback**: Assuming that drivers are at fault, try rolling back drivers, especially for components like the motherboard and SSD. Sometimes, the latest drivers may not be stable and rolling back can help.

If all these steps fail, I'd recommend contacting Microsoft Support or getting your PC checked by a professional.

Let us know how it goes!

Best of luck

Thanks for the fast reply. I really need to get used to the AI.

All of the fine suggestions have been tryed out over the last couple of days. But good points.

Back