Windows 7 BSoD: "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA"

DWreck1995

I followed the instructions and attached the required files. If you require anything else please don't hesitate to ask. This BSoD don't happen really often, sometimes when nothing is happening on the Desktop but out of the times it does happen its mostly when I wake up my PC from Sleep Mode. My PC wakes up from Sleep literally right after I push the power button so I can't narrow it down to far as to what its trying to do when it happens. It could be Drivers though. When I was looking for a new system optimizer I got the highest rated one which is Advanced System Optimizer, this includes a Driver Updater. I think it might have installed some Drivers that aren't needed or even conflicting with others. So that would be a good place to start. That's pretty much it as far as the story goes.

Thanks for any help, DWreck.

Attachments

• Requested Reports.zip
    975.5 KB · Views: 365
Hi,
I check the zip folder but unfortunately there wasn't any dump files contained therein. Please ensure your system is configured to produce them by following these instructions:

Go to Start and type in sysdm.cpl and press Enter

Click on the Advanced tab

Click on the Startup and Recovery Settings button

Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked

Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box

Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump << where your .dmp files can be
found later.

Click OK twice to exit the dialogs, then reboot for the changes to take effect.

(Thanks to Randy for the above)

Please post as soon as you have some. A few is always preferable as it makes troubleshooting easier.

Okay, following through the steps there were a few things that needed to be changed. "Automatically restart" was checked, and "Small memory dump" was not the chosen method. I fixed those and ran the Diagnostic Tool again. I updated the attached file.

Hey,
I checked the zip file but of course if your system wasn't configured to produce dump files there won't be any present. So in short you'll have to wait until you have another bsod event and then run the app again.

You could try a couple of things while your waiting however.

If your suspicious of certain third party software try removing it and seeing if the bsod stops.

Find command prompt in the start menu, right click on it, choose properties and then run as admin. Type:
sfc scannow
Press enter and await results.

Update your drivers and bios.

As soon as you have a dump file I'll debug it asap... :)

Hey,
I checked the zip file but of course if your system wasn't configured to produce dump files there won't be any present. So in short you'll have to wait until you have another bsod event and then run the app again.

You could try a couple of things while your waiting however.

If your suspicious of certain third party software try removing it and seeing if the bsod stops.

Find command prompt in the start menu, right click on it, choose properties and then run as admin. Type:
sfc scannow
Press enter and await results.

Update your drivers and bios.

As soon as you have a dump file I'll debug it asap... :)
Okay I'll post another reply if/when it happens again. I'm a little suspicious of my AMD GPU Drivers because they can cause issues similar to what I'm experiencing. But that isn't something I can remove and keep removed if that's the case. I do know about SFC Scans, I use them often when helping others. Sadly it didn't help in my situation.

UPDATE: I finally got another. It didn't happen right after my computer woke up though. I just tried oping an application when it happened. I re-uploaded the requested files from before. When the blue screen appeared it never restarted my PC it froze on it.

Attachments

• Requested Reports.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 320
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 50, {ffffffffffffffd0, 0, fffff88000ecb622, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for wdcsam64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for wdcsam64.sys

Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : wdcsam64.sys ( wdcsam64+1790 )

Followup: MachineOwner

Hi,
looks like the culprit is this driver:

wdcsam64.sys Wed Apr 16 09:39:08 2008: Western Digital External Drive RAID Manager 2008 driver version has known BSOD issues in Windows please update:
http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp

You do have some outdated drivers and bios too:

BiosVersion = 1309
BiosReleaseDate = 10/05/2012
There have been at least 7 updates released for the bios:
http://www.asus.com/ROG_ROG/MAXIMUS_V_FORMULA/HelpDesk_Download/

It's critical you ensure you have the correct download for updating bios.

BCM42RLY.sys Tue Feb 21 07:41:04 2012: Broadcom iLine10(tm) PCI Network Adapter please update:
http://www.broadcom.com/support/

Run the Intel driver update utility:
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/

sptd.sys Tue Nov 23 11:47:37 2010: SCSI Pass Through Direct Host - Daemon Tools (known BSOD issues with Win7). Uninstall to test.

Check for malware using this app:
https://www.malwarebytes.org/

Post any new dump files.

Sorry for the late reply, my GPU messed up so I've been going through a horrible RMA mess. But I'm done with that now. Back on topic, I knew that driver updater would install things I don't even need. I don't even have a Western Digital HDD, or a RAID setup. I don't have a Network Adapter either, if I did it definitely wouldn't be a PCI Adapter. But at least I do have Daemon Tools so there's something I can actually update. I'd rather remove the other two, instead of updating them, since I don't have a RAID or Network Adapter. How can I remove them?

Well Daemon Tools is well known for causing bsod's so I'd remove it. Check your add and remove programs via the control panel to uninstall drivers.

Well Daemon Tools is well known for causing bsod's so I'd remove it. Check your add and remove programs via the control panel to uninstall drivers.
Well I actually use Deamon Tools on a regular basis so I can't remove that. But is there a trick to removing the drivers because all I see is programs, not drivers?

Do you have an external HD? If so that might be related to the western digital driver. Also the network adapter might be a usb dongle that your using?

Do you have an external HD? If so that might be related to the western digital driver. Also the network adapter might be a usb dongle that your using?
I do have a WD external HDD. But it doesn't require a 2008 RAID Driver. But I do not have any sort a external network adapters.

It's not 'just' a RAID driver it's for externals too please update.. I've dealt with similar cases to yours in fact a user with the same issue was only a few weeks ago (which is how i knew it was probably external). Similarly the other network driver is perhaps attached to something related. Try doing a search of your files and folders.

Last edited:
It's not 'just' a RAID driver it's for externals too please update.. I've dealt with similar cases to yours in fact a user with the same issue was only a few weeks ago (which is how i knew it was probably external). Similarly the other network driver is perhaps attached to something related. Try doing a search of your files and folders.
Okay, that's a good point. I assumed I didn't need them because those two drivers were only installed after I got a system optimizer that included a driver updater. I'll update them and see if the BSoD happens again. Where do I navigate to get the latest driver? I went on the site and selected my HDD but no drivers like the one I already have showed up.

Last edited:
Had a quick look myself but really need the name or serial number of your external. Can you post the exact model please and I'll find the driver

Back