Patrisious

Hey!
as the title states I have a problem which is the infamous BSOD and i get with no noticeable pattern :/ most of the time it is system_service_exception (netio.sys) but few times it comes up as Kmode_exception_not_handles(netio.sys) or page fault in nonpaged area ... i ran full memtest86 and got 0 errors except this warning (ram may be vulnerable to high frequency row hammer bit flips) - which as far as i know is not related .. and i have tried updating all my drivers both manually and with some softwares.
any help would be really appreciated , Thanks in advance !
P.S. zip file is attached below

Attachments

• W7F_28-07-2017.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 577
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff8011f13107f, ffffd00022334a60, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswStm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswStm.sys
Probably caused by : NETIO.SYS ( NETIO!StreamInvokeCalloutAndNormalizeAction+2b7 )

Followup:     MachineOwner
Hi,
looks like Avast is at the root of the issue as it appears twice in the Stack text of this dump and others.
aswStm.sys : Avast! Antivirus Stream Filter driver, please uninstall Avast security suite.

Try using just Windows Defender coupled with something like Malwarebytes. It's free and a combination used by quite a few of us here on the forums.

Just to help with any corruption caused by bsod's please run these scans:

File scans
Right click on the Start menu icon and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

Post any new dump files.

Your build of windows is out of date really and will eventually stop being supported. Ideally you need to upgrade to the latest build which you should be able to access via Windows update

Last edited:
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff8011f13107f, ffffd00022334a60, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswStm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswStm.sys
Probably caused by : NETIO.SYS ( NETIO!StreamInvokeCalloutAndNormalizeAction+2b7 )

Followup:     MachineOwner
Hi,
looks like Avast is at the root of the issue as it appears twice in the Stack text of this dump and others.
aswStm.sys : Avast! Antivirus Stream Filter driver, please uninstall Avast security suite.

Try using just Windows Defender coupled with something like Malwarebytes. It's free and a combination used by quite a few of us here on the forums.

Just to help with any corruption caused by bsod's please run these scans:

File scans
Right click on the Start menu icon and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

Post any new dump files.

Your build of windows is out of date really and will eventually stop being supported. Ideally you need to upgrade to the latest build which you should be able to access via Windows update
ok so i uninstalled avast .. doing what u told me with the cmd , and will do all the latest updates to my win ... i will update you with the results .. Thanks ! i hope it works

**EDIT**
when i go to windows update it tells me i have the latest updates .. weird if u say i have old one :/ ...
i get error the source files could not be found when i do the dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth .. what should i do ?

**EDIT2**
now im updating win 10 using Microsoft win updater >>
Download Windows 10
and i guess i need to find original win 10 image source file to use instead of the online one for dism to work ?

Last edited:
You shouldn't need to run DISM if your upgrading to a later version of win 10 as your files will be overwritten anyway. Do remember to make a copy or backup of anything important.

You shouldn't need to run DISM if your upgrading to a later version of win 10 as your files will be overwritten anyway. Do remember to make a copy or backup of anything important.
Well i couldn't upgrade to a later version due to error code 0xc1900200 which from a quick search means i dont meet the minimum requirements for the win 10 , while i already have win 10 which is really weird !
other weird thing i noticed is when i try to update it tells me i have version 10586 while the latest is 15063 is that normal ( like here the bigger number isnt the newer version i suppose ? ) or is there some kind of a bug/problem ?

Well i couldn't upgrade to a later version due to error code 0xc1900200 which from a quick search means i dont meet the minimum requirements for the win 10 , while i already have win 10 which is really weird !
The latest build or Creators Update doesn't like older hardware and many users have found issues trying to run the latest os unless your system is relatively recent. (looking at your system however it looks well capable and I would personally be tempted to try a clean install)

I did check your motherboard support page for windows drivers and you do have drivers for windows 10:
Support For Z77A-G43 | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design | MSI Global

You can create an iso file using the media creation tool:
win.jpg
Download Windows 10

The latest build or Creators Update doesn't like older hardware and many users have found issues trying to run the latest os unless your system is relatively recent. (looking at your system however it looks well capable and I would personally be tempted to try a clean install)

I did check your motherboard support page for windows drivers and you do have drivers for windows 10:
Support For Z77A-G43 | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design | MSI Global

You can create an iso file using the media creation tool:
View attachment 35148
Download Windows 10
okay thank you , seems im left with no other option ... but before i do a clean install with the newer version is there anyway i could get a backup or a clean install of the version im currently using ? if something bad happens with the newer version ?

You can backup within windows type backup while on the start menu, create a system image. Then it you type reset, you can then reset the machine to defaults or attempt to refresh with no loss of data. Though you could run the media creation tool and try an inplace upgrade. Though I'd go the clean route.

You can backup within windows type backup while on the start menu, create a system image. Then it you type reset, you can then reset the machine to defaults or attempt to refresh with no loss of data. Though you could run the media creation tool and try an inplace upgrade. Though I'd go the clean route.
ok great thank you , but one last question if i may ask is , as i read on Microsoft website .. windows will reactivate if u use the same windows u already have installed (well ofcourse i have win 10 pro and i want to reinstall win 10 pro ) but the two of them being different versions is that fine ? or are they counted as two different windows and would that make a problem with the activation or not ?

That would be problematic with activation as you can only have one copy of it active. But if you clean install it'll use your digital entitlement for the license you already own. So simply you'll be fine. If theres anything we can help with further please don't hesitate to ask.

That would be problematic with activation as you can only have one copy of it active. But if you clean install it'll use your digital entitlement for the license you already own. So simply you'll be fine. If theres anything we can help with further please don't hesitate to ask.
so if i do a clean install there would be no problem with activation i suppose ?
other thing is how do i mark this thread as solved/closed?
Thank you a lot really for your help ! and you too Kemical :) !

Back