Windows 10 BSOD unexpected store excpetion

ror888

Hello

It gives that message always after loading up from hibernate or sleep.

Please help as I really like my laptop

Attachments

• W7F_03-12-2020.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 204
Hi,

see if these scans help:

File scans
Find command prompt in the start menu, right click on it and run as admin.
Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

It's possible you may have hard drive problems. This guide will help you run a chkdsk on your drive:
How to Fix Hard Drive Problems with Chkdsk in Windows 7, 8, and 10

Post any new dump files please.

Hi,

this is an old remedy, try checking your sleep settings via the control panel and ensure that 'Allow Hybrid sleep' is on.

sleep.jpg

Also just to cover the bases check your RAM:

1. Open the Start menu
  2. Click Windows Administrative Tools
  3. Click Windows Memory Diagnostic. [You can also launch the tool by entering "mdsched" in the search bar.]
  4. Select "Restart now and check for problems" or "Check for problems the next time I start my computer" [If you opt to restart and run the tool now, just be sure to save your work and close any open programs for before doing so.]
  5. Select your memory test options and run the test [Once the machine restarts, the tool will launch and run the memory test. You can press F1 to change the test options or just let it run with the standard settings.]
  6. Let the test run [The test could take a few minutes.]

Hybrid sleep worked about 5 times then BSOD. But my sleep was set to a quick time if i lengthened it from 5 minutes would that help?

Last edited:
To be honest I'm unsure but it's always worth a try.

Did you run the Windows memory disgnostic?

memory diagnostic fine
its doing it less now with hybrid sleep
but it did it again just then unexpected store exception

If it's been a while since the os was last refreshed then you might want to consider a clean install?

thanks, yes no more bsod it seems, however it says critically low batter when i re open
is there any way for sleep to use less power? haha random question

Hmm, you could try hibernation as this is supposed to use less power?

Back