Windows 10 BSOD urgent help!

NiallM

Since last Thursday I have been getting a BSOD message which says "Page Fault in Non Paged Area" with source of the issue the "nsid.sys" file when I start my desktop PC. Resetting the PC will not work. Autorepair is also unable to fix the problem. I am only able to enter safe mode on my PC. This is really causing problems. Can you offer any advice on how I can fix this major problem?

Hi,
read the thread found here:
How to ask for help with a BSOD problem

If the app won't grab the dump files you can get them yourself from the main windows folder under 'minidump'.

Usually ndis.sys (you wrote nsid.sys ) relates to a network error.

Try updating your network drivers.

If your unsure where to get them from, post the make and model of your machine and we'll find them for you.

Don't forget about the dump files.

Much thanks for the information. Looking at your dumps will post back shortly.

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 50, {fffff0a0, 0, 8704e483, 0}

Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : ndis.sys ( ndis!ndisFreePerProcessorSlot+13 )

Followup:     MachineOwner
Hi,
All your dump files are the same and bugcheck 50 can be caused by a number of things.
Bug check 0x50 can occur after the installation of faulty hardware or in the event of failure of installed hardware (usually related to defective RAM, be it main memory, L2 RAM cache, or video RAM).

Another possible cause is the installation of a faulty system service or faulty driver code.

Antivirus software can also trigger this error, as can a corrupted NTFS volume.

I also checked your motherboard support page for drivers:
Intel® Desktop Board D525MW

Unfortunately driver support stops at 32bit Windows 7. When you upgraded to windows 10 did you check for compatibility?
If you didn't try running the media creation tool as this has a test for compatibility:
Windows 10

As the dump files couldn't read the faulting drivers name try running the verifier. First however you need to create a rescue or recovery disk/USB:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...3a5-a286-9e98f886d490/create-a-recovery-drive

You need this in case the verifier causes a boot loop. If it does then boot from the recovery disk/usb and enter safe mode to turn the verifier off. Hopefully the culprit will be on the dump files.
Driver Verifier - BSOD related - Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 & Vista - Windows Crashes, BSOD, and Hangs Help and Support

Post any new dump files.

Unfortunately I can only use safe mode on my PC. This is very frustrating as I seem to have limited access.

Hmm.. If you can get into safe mode do you have any system restore points you could go back to?

Have you considered a reset?

Lastly, if this copy of Windows 10 was installed as an upgrade then download the iso and do a clean install.
Windows 10

Reset doesn't work. No I don't have any restore points. This copy of Windows 10 was an upgrade from Windows 7

Last edited:
I am unable to download Windows 10 iso on this machine. Get error code message 0x8007043C - 0x90016

I am unable to download Windows 10 iso on this machine. Get error code message 0x8007043C - 0x90016
Looks like your trying to download it in safe mode which won't work. Do you have a friend who could help? Download and burn the disk for you?

Back
Top Bottom