Windows 7 BSoD When exiting BFBC2

Cr33pingD3ath

I have played Battlefield Bad Company 2 for a long time now. I never had any issues with the game. It always ran perfect with no problem. I stopped playing for a bout 10 months. I recently started playing again and I can play the game just fine. Runs smooth, no issues in game. But when I go to exit the game is when I get my problem. Every time I exit the game I get BSoD.

System Info:
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120503-2030)
AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition
Radeon HD 5850 Graphics Card
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: GA-MA790X-UD4P
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4094MB RAM
Drive: C:
Free Space: 311.4 GB
Total Space: 476.8 GB
File System: NTFS
Model: WDC WD5000AAKS-00V1A0 ATA Device

I got this info from BlueScreenView. If anyone can help me I would highly appreciate it as this is very frustrating for me.

Dump FileCrash TimeBug Check StringBug Check CodeParameter 1Parameter 2Parameter 3Parameter 4Caused By DriverCaused By AddressFile DescriptionProduct NameCompanyFile VersionProcessorCrash AddressStack Address 1Stack Address 2Stack Address 3Computer NameFull PathProcessors CountMajor VersionMinor VersionDump File Size
081312-15256-01.dmp8/13/2012 11:11:26 PMSYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION0x0000003b00000000`c0000005fffff800`02cdbf2cfffff880`0a3e0ff000000000`00000000ntoskrnl.exentoskrnl.exe+7f1c0NT Kernel & SystemMicrosoft® Windows® Operating SystemMicrosoft Corporation6.1.7601.17835 (win7sp1_gdr.120503-2030)x64ntoskrnl.exe+7f1c0C:\Windows\Minidump\081312-15256-01.dmp4157601275,624

Attachments

• Seven Forums.rar
    783.8 KB · Views: 271
Last edited:
Hi,

Thanks for posting the info.

Are you running overclocked at the moment? If so turn the system back to defaults until we have determined your issue. I'd also uninstall Easytune as well.

Your bios is old:
BiosVersion = F5
BiosReleaseDate = 06/03/2009

Please update: GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket AM2+ - GA-MA790X-UD4P (rev. 1.0)

Some of your drivers are old too. For example:
Rt64win7.sys Thu Feb 26 09:04:13 2009 This is a Realtek network driver. Please go through your drivers using your motherboard website as a guide and obtain the latest drivers for your system.

I also notice your running AVG. This is known to cause issues from time to time so try using MSE: Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

Lastly if your issues still continue, please test your RAM using memtest: Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Run for at least 7/8 passes and only on one stick at a time. (so you know which is the bad one if they error out.)

Thank you for you quick response. I am running everything on stock. No over clocking at all. I've uninstalled AVG and updated my Network driver. I will update the bios and run the memtest here shortly.

I can't find the Easytune. Is it part of a larger program? I've looked in 2 different program uninstallers and it isn't listed in either.

Thank you for your help!

I've been trying to update my BIOS. Every time I try to run the file it tells me

The version of this file is not compatible with the version of windows you're running.
Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit)
version of the program, and then contact the software publisher.

I am running 64-bit windows. When downloading the BIOS update, it doesn't give me the option of 32 or 64-bit download.
Maybe I am not looking in the right place.

How are you trying to update the bios? If you check your motherboards website you'll find instructions.

Ok. BIOS is updated, AVG is gone, MSE is installed, Network drivers are updated. The only thing I haven't done is uninstalled Easytune. Still not sure how to go about that. I use RevoUninstaller Pro. It doesn't show up in the list of installed programs, and it also doesn't show up in CCleaner install program. But I will test it out the way it is right now and see if it BSoD's on me again. Thank you for your help thus far! Will post update when I can.

Bugger! Please post dmp file. Oh and did you run memtest like I asked?

Thanks for the dmp file. It's pretty much showing the same thing. This time it was explorer.exe that caused the bsod but this is only one of many causes which usually means it's hardware related. (RAM)

Dude... Please follow my instructions as errors my be missed. You need to test your RAM one stick at a time and for at least 7/8 passes.

Also do a search for this driver:

AODDriver2.sys Tue Mar 06 09:55:00 2012

If you find it, try renaming to AODDriver.old to break it. If you have AMD Overdrive installed it may be connected to that, if so, un-install.

Please update your DirectX: Link Removed due to 404 Error

Lastly try running a chkdsk.

Last edited:
Is there a setting to test just one stick at a time? Or do I need to remove one and switch them out for each test? Sorry if I am frustrating, I know I don't know a crazy amount of things when it comes to working on these kinds of issues, but never the less, I appreciate all the help you have given me so far.

Happy to help.. :) Yes you'll have to physically remove sticks in order to test the RAM singularly.

That driver is now part of the AMD Catalyst drivers. Renaming it may break them. If I was the OP. I'd uninstall all drivers and do a driver reinstall starting with the chipset drivers and ending with video.

I will post with an update ASAP. I am extremely busy right now with work. They've got me working 60+ hours this week so I'm not home much right now.

Back