Windows 8 BSODS while playing games ntoskrnl.exe/hall.dll

FridgidDreams

currently running windows 8.1, I built my own computer so I know all internal parts work together so that's not an issue but when ever I am playing a game, I listen to music or watch a tv show as well to not get bored on my computer. sometimes the bsod occurs and sometimes I don't get it for several days/weeks so I don't really know what is causing this exactly.. I've tried looking for solutions myself but I can't seem to find a fix so here I am hoping that you fine folks can help me out..

now this is a brand new installation of the OS (just installed literally yesterday) still get the bsod - I've had this issue before on different OS's (all windows 8/8.1) but sometimes they would disappear completely and I forget about them or they just don't ever appear or they start showing up the next couple days after re-installing my OS. I'm always running the same software I do through every OS installation I do as it usually never changes for me and it's never caused me issues before it's just kinda been recently as like within the past few months or so.

anyways my diagnostics are down below.
If you need anymore information or anything just let me know and I'll get back asap with what ever is needed, just hope I can get this fixed once and for all :/

Edit: here is the dump I get from BlueScreenView as well -
==================================================
Dump File : 100414-16437-01.dmp
Crash Time : 10/4/14 8:44:40 PM
Bug Check String : IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Bug Check Code : 0x0000000a
Parameter 1 : 00000000`05e0fbbc
Parameter 2 : 00000000`0000000f
Parameter 3 : 00000000`00000001
Parameter 4 : fffff801`dbfadb57
Caused By Driver : hal.dll
Caused By Address : hal.dll+1bb57
File Description : Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL
Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Company : Microsoft Corporation
File Version : 6.3.9600.17196 (winblue_gdr.140601-1505)
Processor : x64
Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+153ca0
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\100414-16437-01.dmp
Processors Count : 6
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 9600
Dump File Size : 296,768
Dump File Time : 10/4/14 8:45:44 PM

Attachments

• HOLLOWEDFEAR-Sat_10_04_14_211134_85.zip
    400.3 KB · Views: 624
  • CPU-Z HollowedFear.zip
    163.1 KB · Views: 381
  • RAMMon - SPD Info.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 337
Last edited:
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck A, {5e0fbbc, f, 1, fffff801dbfadb57}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for cpuz137_x64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for cpuz137_x64.sys
Probably caused by : cpuz137_x64.sys ( cpuz137_x64+1ff2 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
The error that generates this bug check usually occurs after the installation of a faulty device driver, system service, or BIOS. As you can see the probable cause is CPU-Z:
cpuz137_x64.sys Mon Feb 17 14:22:16 2014: Latest version of CPU-Z stands at 1.70 and can be obtained here:
http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

Most of your drivers look absolutely fine apart from:
dfx11_1x64.sys Tue Aug 28 20:10:34 2012: Power Technology's DFX Audio Enhancer. Try here for a later driver:
http://www.fxsound.com/dfx/download.php

usbglcs1100301.sys Fri Mar 09 08:31:24 2012: I'm not exactly sure what this is as information seems scant. Googling gave me this:
http://systemexplorer.net/file-database/file/usbglcs1100301-sys Does it ring any bells for you?

Code:

BugCheck A, {5e0fbbc, f, 1, fffff801dbfadb57}

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for cpuz137_x64.sys
Probably caused by : cpuz137_x64.sys ( cpuz137_x64+1ff2 )

Hi,
The error that generates this bug check usually occurs after the installation of a faulty device driver, system service, or BIOS. As you can see the probable cause is CPU-Z:
cpuz137_x64.sys Mon Feb 17 14:22:16 2014: Latest version of CPU-Z stands at 1.70 and can be obtained here:
http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

Most of your drivers look absolutely fine apart from:
dfx11_1x64.sys Tue Aug 28 20:10:34 2012: Power Technology's DFX Audio Enhancer. Try here for a later driver:
http://www.fxsound.com/dfx/download.php

usbglcs1100301.sys Fri Mar 09 08:31:24 2012: I'm not exactly sure what this is as information seems scant. Googling gave me this:
http://systemexplorer.net/file-database/file/usbglcs1100301-sys Does it ring any bells for you?

I don't have CPU-Z even on my computer but I do have GPU-Z (which is on the latest version already), though I just grabbed the latest version right now (portable) so I have it on my computer now as well..

As for DFX I am already on the latest version of this software, which is 11.300 currently so I can't really go any further than that for DFX, and I kinda need this as without it my sound sorta is way to low for me even on the highest volumes as I have problems with my ears. :/

Now idk what this usbglcs1100301.sys is but the file description it it's properties say "KMWDFilter Driver from UASSOFT.COM" but from the name of the .sys file it seems to be a usb driver. It says it's original name was "usbglcs00001.sys" but searching that up gave even less of a description on what it could be, literally just gave a antivirus scan link when searched in google to what appears to not even be the same .sys file anyways.. I've tried going to the link from the file description in properties but the website doesn't seem to be working anymore as I just get an error page for that.

The only things I have changed really since building my new computer so far are both my mouse and my TV, the mouse came with a driver set of it's own with it's own software (which is believed to be working on windows 8/8.1) but I honestly can't recall if I ever did or didn't have any bsods before then :/ as for software and drivers and such I always keep that up to date the best I can.

The mouse I have is this "http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=B00G5T1Z5Y&linkCode=as2&tag=webtoolandtec-20"

Edit: I included both CPU-Z information and RAMMon information in the first post, if you wanna take a look at those.

Last edited:
so it's happened again, have dump down below. cpu-z and all that are the same only thing that has seemed to change was this
Dump File : 100514-16890-01.dmp
Crash Time : 10/5/14 9:19:44 PM
Parameter 1 : 00000000`07fffefc
Parameter 3 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 4 : fffff802`7e62bbb0
Caused By Address : hal.dll+1bbb0
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\100514-16890-01.dmp
Dump File Size : 296,752
Dump File Time : 10/5/14 9:20:48 PM
Compared to the one I posted in the first post.

Attachments

• HOLLOWEDFEAR-Sun_10_05_14_213436_35.zip
    373.6 KB · Views: 890
Code:

BugCheck A, {7fffefc, f, 0, fffff8027e62bbb0}

Probably caused by : cpuz137_x64.sys ( cpuz137_x64+2073 )

Same as before... Have you at least tried removing GPU-Z? If not I'd try as it isn't unknown for it to cause the odd issue. (I'm also a little puzzled by the cpu-z being displayed instead of gpu-z. I even searched and the info came back as cpu-z.)
I did a little more searching on the mystery usbglcs1100301.sys and it does look like it's to do with your mouse. Your mouses website is here:
http://www.sharkk.com/sharkkreg-wired-gaming-mouse

I'm unsure whether the driver found on the web site is a later version than yours but might be worth trying anyway.

Just in case any corruption has crept in try running the system file checker. Open an admin command prompt and type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results.
If the SFC comes back with files it couldn't repair then again in an admin command prompt run this command:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Press enter and await results. This can sometimes take a while to run through so please be patient.

If removing GPU-Z or replacing the above driver doesn't stop the BSOD then it's probably worth trying the driver verifier but let's see how you get on with the above first as running the verifier under win 8 is slightly different than win 7.

Code:

BugCheck A, {7fffefc, f, 0, fffff8027e62bbb0}

Same as before... Have you at least tried removing GPU-Z? If not I'd try as it isn't unknown for it to cause the odd issue. (I'm also a little puzzled by the cpu-z being displayed instead of gpu-z. I even searched and the info came back as cpu-z.)
I did a little more searching on the mystery usbglcs1100301.sys and it does look like it's to do with your mouse. Your mouses website is here:
http://www.sharkk.com/sharkkreg-wired-gaming-mouse

I'm unsure whether the driver found on the web site is a later version than yours but might be worth trying anyway.

Just in case any corruption has crept in try running the system file checker. Open an admin command prompt and type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results.
If the SFC comes back with files it couldn't repair then again in an admin command prompt run this command:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Press enter and await results. This can sometimes take a while to run through so please be patient.

If removing GPU-Z or replacing the above driver doesn't stop the BSOD then it's probably worth trying the driver verifier but let's see how you get on with the above first as running the verifier under win 8 is slightly different than win 7.

Both CPU-Z AND GPU-Z are portable versions so idk how they could be causing issues as they don't leave any registry files or anything behind even if I take them off (which is only deleting the folder as there is no other way of deleting portable stuff)

now for the sharkk wired mouse driver I am currently on the latest version going by the driver download on the website.

I have this problem on another forum as well and they are pretty much saying the same thing as you that it's cpu-z, so I did a reg search and I did come up with a thing in regedit for cpuz137_x64.sys but the location it shows where it at does not seem to exist "\??\C:\Users\Hollowed\AppData\Local\Temp\cpuz137\cpuz137_x64.sys" doing a system wide search doesn't bring anything up for cpu-z other than the portable one. but looking at the driver_status text files from my two uploads does show that a cpuz137 driver is running.

So should I possibly run the system file checker real quick to see if that gets rid of the cpu-z stuff and fix the bsod? (though I won't know for at least a day or two possibly if it did clear it up)

I doubt it will remove the CPU-Z but do run it anyway.

I doubt it will remove the CPU-Z but do run it anyway.

Alright will do, is there possibly anything else I could try/do that you can think of? seeing as how like you said it probably won't remove it, and the location of this cpu-z is in a location that does not seem to exist which means in turn it'll just keep on causing the issue at hand.

Hmm...I'm not so sure and I'd try removing it as a test anyway. It did appear in the dump file after all and not just once.

Hmm...I'm not so sure and I'd try removing it as a test anyway. It did appear in the dump file after all and not just once.
So I did a sfcscan and got "windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations." so I guess that's at least good haha, and by removing it you mean deleting the cpu-z stuff from the registry right? as deleting the so called location it's being called from isn't possible as it doesn't exist >..<

Well I know that lol, so should deleting the registry file for it possibly fix it? didn't really give me a yes/no on that.
Hmm... no don't mess with the registry as that may cause other issues. Try removing that application I mentioned above Frigid and see if it helps any.

Hmm... no don't mess with the registry as that may cause other issues. Try removing that application I mentioned above Frigid and see if it helps any.

Already deleted GPU-z even though GPU-z shouldn't have any effect on anything as I haven't even ran it on this installation of windows yet nor any of the stuff from portableapps.com as it usually just sits in my dropbox folder in case I do ever need any of them, plus none of them create reg files or any other traces on the computer.

Ok understood... Well I guess it's now a wait and see. If it does bsod again I'll be interested to see the cause this time around.

Ok understood... Well I guess it's now a wait and see. If it does bsod again I'll be interested to see the cause this time around.

it'll pretty much be the same, because like I said these programs where not actually installed they where portable so they don't leave traces/don't mess up dump files/don't mess with registry.. so it'll still be calling for cpu-z which still does not exist. it has nothing to do with the GPU-z.

these programs sat in my dropbox folder for a couple years now not being touched, it has only been recently as in the past few months that I have been getting blue screen of death issues.

So I ended up having another blue screen after not having one for a few days, I wasn't even on my computer at the time of the blue screen was just watching a livestream.

CPU-z and GPU-z have been deleted off my computer since the last time I posted, so like I said before it was never an issue with these.

Dump File : 101314-20812-01.dmp
Crash Time : 10/13/14 5:44:29 PM
Parameter 1 : 00000000`055ffba0
Parameter 3 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 4 : fffff801`265aabb0
Caused By Address : hal.dll+1bbb0
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\101314-20812-01.dmp
Dump File Size : 296,880
Dump File Time : 10/13/14 5:45:39 PM

Attachments

• HOLLOWEDFEAR-Mon_10_13_14_180053_21.zip
    384.7 KB · Views: 768
Code:

BugCheck A, {55ffba0, f, 0, fffff801265aabb0}

This cpuz137 x64.sys still appears to be the issue or something related. Not only does it appear above but also in your driver stack and stack text. I've been doing some research on why this keeps appearing even though it's not installed and it may have something to do with the CPU.
Try stress testing the CPU with Prime95. You only need to run it for an hour or so but just check all is ok on that end.
http://www.mersenne.org/download/
Check your GPU using this app:
http://mikelab.kiev.ua/index_en.php?page=PROGRAMS/vmt_en
and this app too:
http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/fur/

Back
Top Bottom