Windows 8 BSODS while playing games ntoskrnl.exe/hall.dll

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck A, {55ffba0, f, 0, fffff801265aabb0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for cpuz137_x64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for cpuz137_x64.sys
Probably caused by : cpuz137_x64.sys ( cpuz137_x64+2073 )

Followup: MachineOwner
This cpuz137 x64.sys still appears to be the issue or something related. Not only does it appear above but also in your driver stack and stack text. I've been doing some research on why this keeps appearing even though it's not installed and it may have something to do with the CPU.
Try stress testing the CPU with Prime95. You only need to run it for an hour or so but just check all is ok on that end.
http://www.mersenne.org/download/
Check your GPU using this app:
http://mikelab.kiev.ua/index_en.php?page=PROGRAMS/vmt_en
and this app too:
http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/fur/

Well I ran Prime95 for around an hour and a half, I could do better testing at a later time like when I'm asleep or something but the log is down below. it pretty much came up with zero errors.

The first GPU test with VMT didn't bring up any errors as well other than 2 saying that my card wasn't supported for 2 options and when it tried to change my resolution. Log is down below as well

Now for the second GPU test the one with FurMark, I ran it for a bit and never had any issues but I don't know where it keeps it's logs. I had logging enabled but without knowing where it stores them I can't upload it.

Attachments

• Prime95 results.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 418
  • vmt results.txt
    398 bytes · Views: 429
Furmark does contain it's own test try running the actual test.

As this error has appeared with all the operating systems you've tried let's just make sure some of the basic components are ok.
This may seem pointless but any information is invaluable at this stage if only to discount whatever it is your testing.

Go to your C drive and right click on it. Choose properties, Tools and then check now. Tick any boxes to repair sectors ect and you may need to reboot.

Windows does have it's own memory testing app but it can often miss errors and the best app for the job is Memtest86. The latest version of which can be found here:
http://www.memtest.org/
To run Memtest86 you need to either burn a copy of it to disk or use a USB stick. If you look down the page you'll eventually find the latest version and it's associated downloads. If your burning to disk choose the pre-compiled iso zip. If your using a USB method then the corresponding download is the auto installer for a USB stick.
Once you have Memtest86 on the media you selected you'll then need to enter your bios and change the boot order so that the machine will boot from either the disk or stick you have Memtest86 on.
Run for at least 12hrs unless it becomes clear that there is a issue. If there is a problem with the RAM you'll see the errors pop up in red so you can't miss them.

Furmark does contain it's own test try running the actual test.

As this error has appeared with all the operating systems you've tried let's just make sure some of the basic components are ok.
This may seem pointless but any information is invaluable at this stage if only to discount whatever it is your testing.

Go to your C drive and right click on it. Choose properties, Tools and then check now. Tick any boxes to repair sectors ect and you may need to reboot.

Windows does have it's own memory testing app but it can often miss errors and the best app for the job is Memtest86. The latest version of which can be found here:
http://www.memtest.org/
To run Memtest86 you need to either burn a copy of it to disk or use a USB stick. If you look down the page you'll eventually find the latest version and it's associated downloads. If your burning to disk choose the pre-compiled iso zip. If your using a USB method then the corresponding download is the auto installer for a USB stick.
Once you have Memtest86 on the media you selected you'll then need to enter your bios and change the boot order so that the machine will boot from either the disk or stick you have Memtest86 on.
Run for at least 12hrs unless it becomes clear that there is a issue. If there is a problem with the RAM you'll see the errors pop up in red so you can't miss them.

I did run it's test all it does it just pop up the information after a run and that's it, it doesn't seem to keep a log anywhere though or at least one I can't seem to find anyways.

I've already tried the error checking before as requested on another forum it never fixed anything.

As for memtest86 I'm unable to run it for at least 12 hours as I'm not the only one who uses this computer, plus I do a lot of my work from this computer as well and honestly I've already replaced RAM Sticks 2 times already thinking that might of been the issue a while back (few months ago) and as it still happens then obviously it's not because of the RAM.

It could be the RAM slots. Try running it for less time then. Does the other person who uses the pc have their own account?

It could be the RAM slots. Try running it for less time then. Does the other person who uses the pc have their own account?

I honestly doubt it has anything to do with either the RAM or the RAM slots, when the windows 10 tech preview came out I ran it for a couple days (still have it on a separate hard drive that's not plugged in atm) and I never had any issues, no blue screens no anything. I'd of stayed on the tech preview if it wasn't for the fact that I had sound issues because the drivers for my headsets wouldn't work on windows 10.

No the other person who uses the PC just uses my account since all they mainly do is play games or browse Facebook or various other sites or do paperwork and such for where she works.

Now here's a funny thing that seems to have happened, so I deleted the registry entry for the cpuz yesterday as someone suggested it on another forum that's helping me out as well with this problem and I know for sure it was gone as I tripple checked before restarting my computer, well just now I did a registry scan for cpuz and well it's some how back..

As I mentioned in the previous post sometimes these things are worth checking if only to discount them. It's entirely up to you if you want to take my advice or not.

Somewhere on your system is a copy of cpu-z or something like it and this is causing the issue. Have you checked for malware?
https://www.malwarebytes.org/

As I mentioned in the previous post sometimes these things are worth checking if only to discount them. It's entirely up to you if you want to take my advice or not.

Somewhere on your system is a copy of cpu-z or something like it and this is causing the issue. Have you checked for malware?
https://www.malwarebytes.org/

Well I might of finally found out my issue as to why I am getting bsods, I have been running Advanced System Care from IOBIT which ofc is a cleaner kinda like ccleaner but with a bit more options than just cleaning, anyways ; it was what was creating the cpuz137_x64 registry entry and such as it has a menu of sorts that show things like cpu temps and responsiveness and ram load and all that kinda stuff.

I never actually thought about it because I've been running Advanced System Care for years and never had an issue with the program before but a new beta came out in the past 2-3 months and that's when all the cpu/ram/gpu stuff came into play in the program.

I've uninstalled ASC and deleted the registry entry for cpuz137, so hopefully this is the end to my bsods once and for all but only time will tell I guess. I'll post sometime next week if I don't get another bsod before then to let you know if it fixed it.

Damn.... Really? Well at least you found it at last (the cpu-z mystery) and this is excellent for my own records too. As they say 'your always learning'! Best of luck Frigid and please post back with any results or new bsods.

Damn.... Really? Well at least you found it at last (the cpu-z mystery) and this is excellent for my own records too. As they say 'your always learning'! Best of luck Frigid and please post back with any results or new bsods.

Well it has been a little over a week now and I haven't had any more bsods since removal of Advanced System Care so as it stands this issue has been fixed ^^

Thanks for updating and best of luck for the future. Post back if you should ever need to.. :)

Back