Windows 7 BSOD when playing games or doing nothing! :D

I tested the usb again using seatools but it's the same like last time, it fails to test the usb. I notice there is an advance test option, but it says that it could erase data or make the drive unusable, should I go ahead and try that?
No as it may wipe it.
It does look like the usb stick and it's software is probably the issue as everything else has tested fine. Try running without the stick in and also remove any related driver/software.

Don't forget that the Wacom Tablet is also attached via USB and it might be worth removing that and it's software if the bsod continues after removing the above.
I don't have legal copies unfortunately. Now that you mention it though, I did install win7 via USB after formating. Could that be relevant?
I doubt it.
So i guess this means your also running illegal software too? I only mention this because it may well be the os if it's always blue screened? Anyway for now just try the above and let's see how you go.
Good luck :)

By running you mean the seatool test? I ran it with just the keyboard and mouse plugged in. Isn't there any other kind of test just for the USB? :p (wishful thinking)
(Also as I've mentioned, the seatool only has one option that is USB related, it's not that specific.)
I'm not sure if I'll find the wifi stick drivers in order to remove them, I'll try though.

As for the wacom I will remove anything related to that just in case.

I have the same OS running on another pc as well so I doubt it's that.

There isn't a test for usb devices I'm afraid.

SeaTools will fail the USB drive anyway as it's not a storage device. That doesn't mean to say that it can't be faulty.

I'm also concerned about all the ntfs errors your getting. Originally I thought it was the usb device but of course that is a wifi dongle and not any type of storage device.
Try this.
Download speedfan here:
http://www.almico.com/speedfan450.exe
Install it and then look across the top for 'smart' click that. Use the drop down menu to find your drive and check the values. If possible take a screenshot. You'll also see a tab for creating an in depth online analysis of the hard drive. Please click that as it's very useful to know.
Let me know what the analysis says please.

Thanks for posting that.. So basically the hard drive is getting old but doesn't seem to be failing.

Ok I've been looking for driver updates. Let's see if we can get at least a few things updated and you just never know..:

fetn62.sys Thu Mar 31 04:20:34 2011: VIA Rhine Family Fast Ethernet Adapter the link below is for the Rhine family driver up to Windows 7:
http://www.via-drivers.com/download-VT8231-network-driver-for-Windows7-32bit.html

nvlddmkm.sys Wed Jul 02 18:42:25 2014: Nvidia GPU driver please update. If your unsure what to download use Nvidia's auto detect GPU button. You'll find this on the lower part of the page in the link below:
http://www.geforce.com/drivers

netr28u.sys Fri Sep 06 13:42:26 2013: Ralink RT2870 series USB802.11n Wireless Adapter Driver (you may have a different manufacturer). This is probably the WiFi driver for the USB device. As discussed above if you do the test of removing the stick from the machine please make sure you remove this driver too.

MpKslcd65a278.sys Wed Aug 21 23:32:05 2013: MSE. I've noticed a couple of times MSE has appeared in your dump files as a culprit. Please un-install it totally and then install the latest version:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows/security-essentials-download

I also looked for USB/Chipset drivers but didn't really find anything that would be useful. Let's see how things are once you update the above. If it still bsod's then try removing the usb stick and software.

If the machine still bsod's I want you to remove all the sticks of RAM apart from one stick. Try running the machine again. If you bsod then swop sticks. Keep seperate piles so you know which ones you've tried and ones not yet been used on their own yet. Keep doing this until you find a stick which doesn't bsod or that they all do it then post back and let me know.

Hello,
I've been busy these days so I couldn't try the things you mentioned until today.

I updated the VIA drivers you mentioned, installed the latest MSE, as I've mentioned I already have the right GPU drivers, got them using Nvidia's auto detect too, I did check for updates though but there weren't any. Still got bsod after all that.

I deleted the wifi stick drivers from device manager and didn't have connection for about 5 minutes then it reinstalled the drivers on it's own and it reconnected to the internet. I noticed later that there is a Ralink in add/remove programs, should I try removing that as well with the drivers?

Also, if I remove the stick and software, it'll be hard to notice any changes cause bsod mostly happens when I have the stick plugged in, I haven't seen any bsod since I extracted that file I mentioned in a previous post.

I did the RAM thingy, got bsod with all "combinations", I did have the wifi stick plugged in when I tried them but at the last "combination" I removed the stick and pc worked without any bsods, I even played a game for like 30 minutes. You could say I did notice the pc bsod faster maybe, but that could also be because it took longer to start up.

I'll include the dump files from the bsods I got just in case we get anything new.

Attachments

• 111714-35359-01.zip
    158.8 KB · Views: 227
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 50, {81290c30, 8, 81290c30, 0}

Probably caused by : hardware

Followup: MachineOwner
Hey,
yup pretty much the same dumps as before with either the above or bugcheck 24. Reading through your testing it does sound like the USB stick is either the culprit or the software is (I'd remove the Ralink too). Try removing the stick and associated software and see how you go.

Hello,
I've uninstalled the software and the drivers. If I keep the stick plugged in, it installs the drivers by itself, which got me thinking because that other pc I've mentioned that has the same wifi stick didn't have any software installed. So I plugged it in just like that and it installed the drivers and I was able to use the internet (watching videos and searching stuff, things I wasn't able to do before) for about 3 hours with no problems at all. After that it was late so I shut it down but today there was no change at all, got 3 bsod in no time. :p

I also tried unintalling the drivers again and then replugging the stick in like I did yesterday but still the same result.

Should I try connecting with to the internet with cable? Although I'll need to find a long cable. Because if I keep the stick unplugged, we won't be able to see if anything changed.

I'll include the 3 bsod I mentioned although I don't think it's any different. Thanks again! :)

Edit: got a bsod without the stick plugged in, not sure if I had it and removed it but it wasn't plugged in when it happened. (it's in the .zip with only 1 file)

Attachments

• 111814-32421-01.zip
    81.1 KB · Views: 216
  • 111814-28750-01.zip
    23.9 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:
Why are you still using it?

Did you actually read my previous post?

I asked you to remove it and the software yet your still using it and still getting issues. It's entirely up to you whether you listen to my advice but what I won't do is continually read the same dump file to have my advice ignored. This is the third page of us going back and forth with this. I've advised you what I think is best to do yet you keep posting back with the same issue.

If you do happen to stop using the device as well as it's software and get a bsod I'll be more than happy to help you but I won't keep going back and forwards like this it's crazy!

I don't have the software, I did delete it, I was testing something I thought might get me some results.

It's not that I don't understand what you are saying but let's say I remove the USB and drivers and everything, and I don't ever again get a bsod or get the same bsod I've been posting as you are mentioning. Then there won't be a reason for me to post anything but the problem will still be there which is why I am asking if using a different kind of internet connection will give us some clues.

I've been using the PC without the stick plugged in for like 3 weeks now and I've gotten about 4 bsods (including one just now where I didn't even have the software) which have been uploaded.

I won't use it again and if I ever get another bsod I'll post it.

In order for us to determine whether it's the stick or not it need to be removed as well as the software. You now state above that it hasn't been in the system for 3 weeks but yet the previous post before that you discuss using it.

You say you've removed it in one sentence but then say you have a bsod because you used in the next. Can you not see how confusing and frustrating this is getting?

Look if you have a different internet connection then of course use it. You can't keep using the stick as discussed. So in summary please remove the stick and any associated software. By all means use the different internet access you have access to as of course you won't be using the wifi stick...

Now if the machine bsod's again please send the dump in and I'll read it.

I understand what you're saying, but my meaning of "using it" meant plugging in the stick, getting bsod within 5-10 minutes and then unplugging the stick. In the 3 weeks I mentioned, I "used it" when I checked for updates for my graphic card or to update MSE when I reintalled it, that kind of thing (except for yesterday cause I wanted to test what I mentioned). It's not like I kept trying everyday hoping for a miracle.

Ok thanks, I'll do that.

Back
Top Bottom