Windows 7 BSOD - Win 7 x64 Service pack 1

mouzam

Hi,
Yesterday I left my HP dv6 laptop for updating to Win 7 x64 Service pack 1. And later when I came back I saw an error on desktop saying "Windows has recovered from unexpected shutdown". Recently I got my new Hitachi HDD and 2 days back I installed Win 7 x64 as my previous HDD was failing with continuous random BSOD. And seeing this BSOD worries me a bit..!!! I dont know if the Service pack 1 installed successfully but in the computer properties it is showing Win 7 Service pack 1.... Please Help.. Thank you.

Attachments

• Mouzam.dmp
    284.4 KB · Views: 247
Please provide this information so we can provide a complete analysis: http://windows7forums.com/blue-screen-death-bsod/38837-how-ask-help-bsod-problem.html

SP1 is installed. Please be sure that you visit Windows Update and get ALL available Windows Updates (there should be about 160 after SP1 (they'll be listed in the systeminfo.exe text report).

For starters:

Last edited:
Hi, I have attached all the files. But one thing I have noticed is that I have only 116 windows updates installed. And the windows update tells me "No important updates available" !!! except 53 optional language updates. What do I do ?

And I have installed Microsoft driver update for Realtek RTL8168C(P)/8111C(P) Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.20). But is there any difference ? Because you said Realtek RTL8168D/8111D Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC.

And regarding ENE & Sigmatel I couldn't update them manually from links you provided. And why is it that you tell to update Sigmatel HD audio codec while I have IDT HD codecs installed ?

thank you.

Attachments

• Mouzam_W7F.zip
    535.4 KB · Views: 359
Every system is different - although 116 is very few, as long as Windows Updates says that you have them all - that's all that really matters (don't install the language updates unless you need them.

The Realtek driver should be OK. The model number that I list is based on the driver(s) that I examined for BSOD's - so they may be a bit different. But the installer should be able to detect the difference and install the proper one for you. Without the other reports I wasn't able to figure out which card you had.

Again, the Sigmatel and IDT both use similar driver packages. If unable to update, we'll just wait and see if the other updates are able to fix the problems.

There are enough signs here that that I have to wonder about this installation. Should this be a pirated copy of Windows, please be aware that we may not be able to fix it (as the hacks that were done to activate it will cause the OS to behave differently than we expect it to). If that's the case, our efforts to help may just waste your time. Secondly, the forum rules prohibit assisting with pirated software - so the topic would be closed if that is the case.