Windows 7 BSOD Win7 x64

clootie

Had a BSOD today. Any help would be appreciated.

Windows 7 64bit
AMD Phenom II X4 925 Processor 2.8 GHz
ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series

Attachments

• 1123.zip
    21.3 KB · Views: 214
I downloaded and installed the laster driver for the video card.
I downloaded Atheros Lan driver and have just the files but dont see a way to install them. Any help with this?
Also I searched the comptuer for anything about SpySweeper and couldn't find anything. I uninstalled SpySweeper over a month ago now.
Thanks for your fast response and all your help.

Alright then, the Spy Sweeper drivers are still present and they must be removed. Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers and delete these two files:

ssfs0bbc.sys Fri Nov 06 14:39:46 2009
ssidrv ssidrv.sys Fri Nov 06 14:39:15 2009

Reboot.

-------

For the Atheros, extract the download to a folder. Open device manaher. Right click the Atheros. Update driver software. Brose my computer. Let me pick. Have disk. Browse.

Now go to the extracted folder and double click on the .inf. Hit ok then hit next and it will install.

Now it seems to freeze up every other time I log into a video or game. It sometimes goes to the blue screen but will not ever complete the memory dump so there is no mini dump file or other times the screen will go multi color static like and just freeze. What could be causing that?

Here are 2 more dumps that actually completed.
I hear ya about the power supply but what doesn't really make sense to me is that I'll start playing a game and 5 minutes into the game it will freeze. I can reboot and play for 2 hours or more without a freeze up. Thanks again for your input.

Attachments

• 11262.zip
    19.3 KB · Views: 197
  • 1126.zip
    25.6 KB · Views: 199
100% for sure, the memory is set unwell in the bios or instead, defective.

Please post a screen shot of CPU-Z spd and memory tab to determine if the bios is set well or not.

Screen Shot

Attachments

• CPU-Z Screen.jpg
    CPU-Z Screen.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 420
Unfortunately, the bios is already set as it should be.

Replace the RAM with a brand new matching set to stop the bsods.

If you'd like to test to see the errors, run Memtest86+ overnight 8-10 passes. That's not even necessary though, so you can go ahead and replace the RAM and entirely skip the testing process if that's how you'd like to do.

Good luck with the new hardware. :)

Thanks alot. What RAM do you recommend? Does it matter the name brand for it to maybe last longer. I haven't even had this computer a year and just had to replace the Video Card.

None in particular. What you should do is look in that CPU-Z program at the mainboard tab to see which motherboard you have. Then go to somewhere like Guru3d.com, TomsHardware.com or similar and look at which memory they have installed during their benchmark testing and reviews. You can't go wrong by copying what either of the places are doing.

Most RAM has a lifetime guarantee, so if you contact Crucial, they're likely to replace it at no cost to you. Show them this thread and ask for RMA.

You're welcome.

Last edited:
Back