Windows 7 BSOD with R9 series

Code:
Mini Kernel Dump does not contain unloaded driver list
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa80073078f8, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : AuthenticAMD

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi Azrael,
thanks for checking your settings. Unfortunately those you sent were still Mini kernel Dump (see above). Can you clear the minidump file and send the bsod's you get after.. Much thanks.

i'll. Thanks again.

I've some news , (at this moments it's the new R9 who is installed in my pc ), i launch Battlefield , i found some graphics freezes so i decide to make visible the fps , i was about 60 , with the first R9 i was around 100 constant..

I get some black screens ( and driver errors like always ) but i get this message too :

Last edited:
I've just get back the old R9 in my PC . Gonna launch bf4 to see fps ( fps are between 44 and 120.. a bit illogic..)

I'll DL beta drivers ! (it's done , now i've 14.7 drivers , but nothing change..)

i post dumps in few secs (I've just took dumps it's ok ?)

Attachments

• W7F_13-08-2014.zip
    22.2 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:
Code:
Mini Kernel Dump does not contain unloaded driver list
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa80073498f8, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : AuthenticAMD

Followup: MachineOwner
Unfortunately it's still the same. Maybe you forgot to click Apply or something? It's easy done but just so you know these are the settings:

Go to Start and type in sysdm.cpl and press Enter
Click on the Advanced tab
Click on the Startup and Recovery Settings button
Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked
Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box
Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump << where your .dmp files can be
found later.
Remember to click apply.

I've just checked it , all is like you ask , perhaps the fact that i have a second OS on a second HDD can be a problem ?

Hmm.. It does have me puzzled. I've had this before and never got to the bottom of it then either.
Oh I forgot to ask, those tests you ran on the old card have you ran them on the new one too? It is entirely possible for you to be sent another faulty card especially if the whole batch in the warehouse is buggered. You did get it from the same supplier yes? I'd at least give it a try.
In the meantime I'm going to try and find out why I'm not seeing your unloaded drivers.

I can send you a photo but my OS is in french, it's will not help you so much..
I ran this test yes, less error but still errors..
The serials aren't close each other...

As a baseline I tested my Nvidia 680 with the same tests and received zero errors. However I also did some searching looking for posts relating to memory issues with these cards and it could well be down to the drivers. See this link here:
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?287836-R9-290x-290-Black-Screen-issues

I'm also chasing up why your unloaded drivers still aren't appearing. As soon as I have an aswer I'll post it up.

Last edited:
No but a possible reason why it's happening. Did you read the stuff about a memory leak in the drivers?

According to those more qualified than I apparently the reason your driver list isn't appearing could be down to your two operating systems and that you may have a paging file on the other drive. They also have some insights to your issues please check them out:
http://www.sysnative.com/forums/bso...on/10897-unloaded-driver-stack.html#post79938

Although if I remember correctly didn't you say you'd tested your RAM and processor?

Last edited:
Hi ! Sorry i went out in a weekend with friends. I get an answer from Sapphire :

"Dear Sir
As your situation, please contact your reseller for hardware checking and RMA apply. Test your card on their side again. Prepare your original receipt or invoice for them as well. Check this way.
Regards "

Can't get it , what is RMA ?

I tried to install the R9 in two friends PC but they were not long enough , the graphic card is 29cm , so a lot of pc boxes can't afford this..

I'm gonna DL the new drivers , i'll tell you the results.

Hey Azrael,
Yeah Sapphire are saying contact your supplier for RMA so perhaps they also think it's a hardware issue too. I'm just nipping out but will be back shortly so will check for your reply then.

I understood this but what is "RMA" (frenchie inside)

Edit ; Return Material Authorization , find it on google.. x)

Amazon call me some mins ago . they stop the sold of the tri X R9 290X due to too many consumers negative feedback..
i saw the same issue on the net on a R9 290. this is the same issue than the older HD7790..
So i must choose a new GPU now ^^

At least Amazon are being good about all this although really they have no choice. Good luck with the new card.. :)

I don't really know what i'm going to buy.. another Tri-x from another supplier , an other model of r9 290x ,or a nvida 780... ^^

They get too much bad feedback , this cost them too much in RMA . I'm curious about Sapphire position about it.

Back