BSOD's Again after replacement KomputerBay RAM installation

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Blue Screen of Death (BSOD)' started by RingAnimated, Aug 8, 2012.

1. RingAnimated

RingAnimated Well-Known Member

I renamed both the files mentioned and still a bsod. This time while the PC was idle, ill have to run a large Memtest tonight, see if i can get it to read more intensively. I got MSE and got rid of Norton first. I know the slots are fine becuase it only does this with the new RAM. Would it be illegal on this site to post the amazon link for the RAM, and the MSI site for my mobo, for you to check to see if anything could be compatibility problems. Well, heres the new dump, hot off the Bugcheck-Bull**** press...

View attachment 081912-23509-01.zip

2. kemical

kemical Windows Forum Admin
    Staff Member Premium Supporter Microsoft MVP

The KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED bug check has a value of 0x0000001E. This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.

Cause

This is a very common bug check. To interpret it, you must identify which exception was generated.
    Common exception codes include:

• 0x80000002: STATUS_DATATYPE_MISALIGNMENTAn unaligned data reference was encountered.
    • 0x80000003: STATUS_BREAKPOINTA breakpoint or ASSERT was encountered when no kernel debugger was attached to the system.
    • 0xC0000005: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATIONA memory access violation occurred. (Parameter 4 of the bug check is the address that the driver attempted to access.)

This web page gives you some info on the above access violation even though it is for xp. One thing did spring to mind. If your old RAM does not bsod why not use your old stuff and be bsod free.

http://www.updatexp.com/0xC0000005.html

3. RingAnimated

New RAM is 8GB, old is only 4, ill put that back in the second i get the chance. BTW, new BSOD happened like half an hour after the first. Memtest only showing 1 error in 15 hours.

View attachment 082012-26005-01.zip

4. RingAnimated

I have now switched out the new ram and the old RAM a while ago and no probs. I have also sent for KomputerBay's tech support. Though while randomly researching my bios creator on Wikipedia. I found something interesting. When i had quick booting off in my BIOS i would get 2 beeps? This supposedly indicates a parity error in the first 64KiB of RAM.

5. kemical

That's using the old or should I say buggered RAM, yes? I'm just relieved to hear your now bsod free..

6. RingAnimated

right now i am using the old RAM.

7. RingAnimated

Also got a reply back from KomputerBay saying that RAM with 1 memtest error will not cause bsod's.

8. kemical

Has your system blue screened since changing the RAM over?

9. RingAnimated

nope (this writing is to meet character requirements.)

10. kemical

Well in my opinion your 8GB set is faulty. It could be that your system isn't compatible with that RAM manufacturer, your motherboard web site should tell you. Even so, if it's showing errors in memtest it has got to be highly suspect especially when your old RAM runs perfectly. It's entirely possible to buy bad RAM off the shelves and you certainly would not be the first.