Windows 10 BSOD's and CTD's new PC.

I had to stop the last memtest after about 4 hours, it hadn't found any errors by that time. I've only had one CTD so far on an early access game and no BSOD's since resetting the BIOS to default settings.

I normally run memtest for at least 7 hours. But I'm thinking it's probably just a bad overclock.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I normally run memtest for at least 7 hours. But I'm thinking it's probably just a bad overclock.

Yeah I intended to leave it longer but had to stop it. I work nights and sleeping soon so I'll run it for a good 8 hours with luck then.

Ah you get off to sleep. These tests can wait. Did the machine come with a list of settings they used to overclock. If so seeing that would be out interest to me being an overclocker and all.

I had to stop the last memtest after about 4 hours, it hadn't found any errors by that time. I've only had one CTD so far on an early access game and no BSOD's since resetting the BIOS to default settings.
No problem although I would test for longer when you get chance. Simply because 4 hours isn't long enough.

I've only had one CTD so far on an early access game and no BSOD's since resetting the BIOS to default settings.
I thought the blue screens had stopped after you removed the driver specified by the C4 dump?

And yes your overclock settings would be interesting as most of us have at one time or another overclocked something or other although nowadays it's nothing like the dark art it used to be.. ;)

Ah you get off to sleep. These tests can wait. Did the machine come with a list of settings they used to overclock. If so seeing that would be out interest to me being an overclocker and all.

No, only the BIOS profile. I can have a look at that and let you know anything but can only compare default and that. I know the CPU was taken from 3.5ghz to 4.5ghz but it's the memory timings etc that's probably of more interest.

No problem although I would test for longer when you get chance. Simply because 4 hours isn't long enough.

I thought the blue screens had stopped after you removed the driver specified by the C4 dump?

And yes your overclock settings would be interesting as most of us have at one time or another overclocked something or other although nowadays it's nothing like the dark art it used to be.. ;)

It's been quite a few years since I overclocked myself. With family taking up time and not having the spare money to replace things if I break them I don't generally experiment like I used to :).

I've copied the crash dump analysis from whocrashed, the BSODS relating to gpcidrv64.sys stopped when I removed the gigabyte program but I continued to get the other kind relating to ntoskrnl.exe

Crash Dump Analysis
Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Mon 12/12/2016 18:06:26 your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\121216-6593-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x14A6F0)
Bugcheck code: 0x139 (0x3, 0xFFFFE001E3A3EB60, 0xFFFFE001E3A3EAB8, 0x0)
Error: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: The kernel has detected the corruption of a critical data structure.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 12/12/2016 18:06:26 your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: nvlddmkm.sys (nvlddmkm+0x9742C)
Bugcheck code: 0x139 (0x3, 0xFFFFE001E3A3EB60, 0xFFFFE001E3A3EAB8, 0x0)
file path: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_7bb3101ce32915cc\nvlddmkm.sys
product: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 376.19
company: NVIDIA Corporation
description: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 376.19
Bug check description: The kernel has detected the corruption of a critical data structure.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: nvlddmkm.sys (NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 376.19 , NVIDIA Corporation).
Google query: NVIDIA Corporation KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

On Mon 12/12/2016 16:44:48 your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\121216-5828-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: gpcidrv64.sys (GPCIDrv64+0x1851)
Bugcheck code: 0xC4 (0xF6, 0x430, 0xFFFFD380A6D07080, 0xFFFFF80AFDCC1851)
Error: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION
Bug check description: This is the general bug check code for fatal errors found by Driver Verifier.
A driver references a user-mode handle as kernel mode. This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: gpcidrv64.sys .
Google query: gpcidrv64.sys DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION

On Mon 12/12/2016 16:43:22 your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\121216-11859-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: gpcidrv64.sys (GPCIDrv64+0x1851)
Bugcheck code: 0xC4 (0xF6, 0x4A8, 0xFFFFD38EF9C1E780, 0xFFFFF80ABE191851)
Error: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION
Bug check description: This is the general bug check code for fatal errors found by Driver Verifier.
A driver references a user-mode handle as kernel mode. This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: gpcidrv64.sys .
Google query: gpcidrv64.sys DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION

On Mon 12/12/2016 16:39:46 your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\121216-7250-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x14A6F0)
Bugcheck code: 0x139 (0x3, 0xFFFFB800CF1A4440, 0xFFFFB800CF1A4398, 0x0)
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

Hope that helps, off to sleep now. As before thanks for the replies.

I've copied the crash dump analysis from whocrashed, the BSODS relating to gpcidrv64.sys stopped when I removed the gigabyte program but I continued to get the other kind relating to ntoskrnl.exe

When you wake up please send all dump files as running those dumps through a proper debugger may reveal something missed by your app.

When you wake up please send all dump files as running those dumps through a proper debugger may reveal something missed by your app.

I don't understand, I followed the directions using W7F exactly, you should have all my dump files as of Tuesday I think my first post here was. Are you saying that you don't have those last two or more dump files from my original attachment?

I'm currently 7.5 hours into another memtest with no errors so I can't reupload anything else right now, but can have a look later tonight.

That other memtest ran for just over 9 hours think it did 6-7 passes with no errors at all.

Overclocked they started showing up after a couple hours. Sorry I haven't managed to do another 12+ hour test yet.

Overall I've had no BSOD's and only one CTD on that early access game since removing the overclock. So it looks like the overclock isn't stable for whatever reason, I don't know maybe there is a problem with the RAM if it's supposed to be stable at that overclock. Do you think I should send an email about it to OCUK about it as they sell the system preclocked or are there more things to do here first?

Do you think I should send an email about it to OCUK about it as they sell the system preclocked or are there more things to do here first?
Definitely as the system I imagine is under warranty? Let them worry about the issue as you paid for a working computer which clearly it isn't.

Definitely as the system I imagine is under warranty? Let them worry about the issue as you paid for a working computer which clearly it isn't.

Yeah that's my opinion on it also, it's under warranty for a good time yet. I was only holding off until I could narrow what the problem was down.

I've used Overclockers for years although never bought anything pre - built. They seem to have a good name tho'..

I've used Overclockers for years although never bought anything pre - built. They seem to have a good name tho'..
Yes, honestly I've used them for at least 12+ years also and always found them to be very good. I've had one prebuilt system before that was excellent, and bought many components from them. I've emailed them and linked this thread also incase it's of use.

You've all been very helpful and I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks again!

Your very welcome and hope it's plain sailing from here. I should imagine Overclockers will want to get it right as they seem to care but in any case let us know.. :)

Hi again, it's been a while. After a few emails back and forth between overclockers and myself I think it's all sorted. Basically came down to upping the DRAM and CPU VCORE voltages until it became stable. They were very helpful and it only took a while due to weekends and Xmas.

Whilst I may not keep it overclocked as currently it runs everything I throw at it not overclocked (I have a 2k monitor not 4k) I'm happy knowing it'll be stable for when I do.

If anyone was interested I found a Kitguru review of the PC: Overclockers UK Neuron (GTX 1070) System Review

Hope you all had a great Christmas and have a great New Year, thanks for all the help!

Great news!

Thank you for the update and have a very Happy New Year... :)

Back