Bual boot Zorin OS andWin 7, or Zorin OS in VMware

Never mind.
I have it sorted.
Thanks anyway.

Image%204.png

A strange situation....... network time
Host OS : Win 7
Guest OS : Linus Mint in VMware player

Both os are in network time settings, yet Linux is 4 sec slow.
Any reason ?

A strange situation....... network time
Host OS : Win 7
Guest OS : Linus Mint in VMware player

Both os are in network time settings, yet Linux is 4 sec slow.
Any reason ?

It might be the VM, I wouldn't worry about it if everything else is checking out.
Sometimes running a virtual OS can lag in some places, I have had it happen myself.
Just keep in mind if you have any issues they may be more the fault of the VM then the OS itself, dont let it be your litmus test.
Sure it will give you a good hands on experience with the OS, but at the cost of some issues.
It happens as its not an actual install so dont let that sway you.

Its been a while since your last reply, did your experiment teach you anything or let you see how things work in linux?

I have been "poking around" Linux and learned how to use all the apps.
Long story short..... I am not impressed, because it is too geeky.
When I received my 1st degree, a computer of 64K is a big "Wow". 128K, you were "the" man.
I was not trained in computer science and I flunked in Cobol language.
It's not for me.

Thank you for introducing Linux to me.

Too geeky?
Linux mint is one of the easiest distros for a windows user, I dont know what you were trying to do on it that made you think as a whole its "too geeky"
Really there is nothing hard here, sure some things are different but thats bound to happen when looking at another OS.
The only time command line comes into play in linux is that it is easier to type out command line prompts then tell someone, click on this, click on that, next, next, next, I agree,next, next.
Or installing some drivers.

What did you do in your experiment?

Back