Windows 7 (Build 7000) "cannot verify the digital signature"

Hobbit25

Hello,

I have been using Windows 7 build 7000 (64bit) for quite some time now and im rather impressed with it. I have a creative X-fi extreme audio card, a proper beta driver came out for it this month (been stuck using onboard audio) and the driver installs correctly but there is a little yellow exlamation sign in the device manager. The error that it shows is as follows

"Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)"

Im guessing this is because the driver is unsigned, is there any way to disable the signature check in windows 7 like there is in vista? I tried the methods for vista and so far no luck. Would really appreciate some help with this since my onboard audio dosent work very well. Thanks.

Ryan Robillard

Well the only way to do that, would be to press F8 every time before boot and selecting Disable Driver Signature enforcement, or something like that. It was the same with Vista, you had to do that in order to get Peer Guardian Working.

Oh sweet, that actually worked. Driver is working perfectly and the surround sound also works. So this has to be done every single time? Could I just hibernate or standby instead of shutting down so I don't have to bother with this F8 thing?

You can, but the system actually feels slower when you do that instead of shutdown and restart. Ten again, this isn't Unix. But what you could get is a programc called Ready Driver plus, Install it without making any modifications and It'll press F8 for you everytime.

Thanks again, was a bit nervous installing it because of how it modifies the boot-loader and what not but it appears to be working flawlessly. Appreciate your help.

hey you should be able to set it to do this at each boot so you don't have to press f8 everytime, just type this into cmd (command prompt)

bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON

Driver Signature

Hey all,

The software for my Sound Card wasn't working (invalid Signature) and I went to Internet Options-Advanced Tab-then scrolled down to "allow software to run or install even if the signature is invalid" and now my sound card is working fine. Might work for others too.

thanks...

Hey all,

The software for my Sound Card wasn't working (invalid Signature) and I went to Internet Options-Advanced Tab-then scrolled down to "allow software to run or install even if the signature is invalid" and now my sound card is working fine. Might work for others too.

its work... I just install PCI/LPT and PCI/RS232 card after suggestions above...

thanks Krazzy

Mitchell_A,

I tried entering "bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON" in the command prompt, but I received the following message: "The boot configuration store could not be opened. Access is denied." What would I need to do resolve this? Does this resolve the CODE 52 issue specifically?

?? This post is about the beta build of Windows 7.
Please start a new one, in Windows 7 Support :).
Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom