Windows 7 Build thumbnails cache for a folder and subfolders in Windows 7

Elancore

Is there a way to do that on Windows 7 that makes Explorer generates thumbs for folders without scrolling through them?
I tried something like a search (*.jpg) on the main folder but then only visible images had thumbs generated.

Thanks a lot.

I don't get what the issue is... Thumbnail cache files are not the .jpg's themselves. Are you trying to programmatically create thumbnail cache files? :confused:

I have a lot of hi-res images in many folders, when I open a folder, windows explorer generates thumbnails for the images... But, because they are hi-res, it takes about 3 seconds for every image to have a thumb.
I'm looking for a way to make thumbnails for selected folders without having to open them one by one and waiting for every image, also I have to scroll down every time to get more thumbs generated :confused:

YXpka7G.jpg

Thanks

Attachments

• YXpka7G.jpg
    YXpka7G.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 572
I have a lot of hi-res images in many folders, when I open a folder, windows explorer generates thumbnails for the images... But, because they are hi-res, it takes about 3 seconds for every image to have a thumb.
I'm looking for a way to make thumbnails for selected folders without having to open them one by one and waiting for every image, also I have to scroll down every time to get more thumbs generated :confused:

YXpka7G.jpg

Thanks

This is by default the way Windows works, and because they are high res, that means the filesize goes up as well. In that image you haven't even let the folder view load fully, the green bar is still apparent in there.

Back
Top Bottom