Windows 7 Bumptop

lbailey0

Been trying to install Bumptop for my desktop but get 1 of 2 errors.
- Do not have sufficient privileges to alter windows/winsxs/policies
i am definitely the admin, said to run as SYSTEM, as a beta user do i now have control over my pc (for installation anyway)?
tried new user name, installing to dif disk and what not, no dice. sometimes instead of this, but related i get
- an error occurred during installation of assembly 'Microsoft.VC80.ATL,publicKeyToek="i think its my product key so i wont type it here", type="win32", version="8.0.50727.762",processorArchitecture="amd64".
i believe this is just the folder in winsxs that is giving me trouble, the application extension in the foler is called ATL80.dll and i can not modify this because again, im not allowed to

i checked the bumptop forums, people are having trouble but not because of system admin errors, so i figured id turn here see if anyone has any thoughts

thanks in advance!

What Windows 7 version you are currently running?It may be because you are running old beta version (like first public beta). If not,have you had any similar errors when installing other application?I'm using BumpTop myself,didn't had any troubles installing it and now I'm running it smouthly and enjoying it fully.

Back
Top Bottom