Windows 7 C drive is marked as inactive?

RoronoaDSanji

==============================================================

sorry, i was wrong, ignore the tilte please, because i not using english OS at the time, so i directly translated the message, but the actuall mesage is:
The selected volume is on a dynamic disk
when i select the location to save.

==============================================================

hi, I so just reinstalled my os a few days ago, and today, i finally finish installing all the basic programs, so i opened up windows back up and select my data drive to backup on (D: ) but under it, theres that yellow triangle notification saying that the selected partition is on a active drive.
for my understanding, active drive is only suppose to be my C: drive, so i opened up diskmanagement to check, and C: drive is actually inactive, but it is my system drive.
I tried marking D as inactive with diskpart, but it doesnt change anything, it still says it is active, and if i mark C as active in diskmanagement, the OS wont load. So i put my Windows 7 disk back in and change it back to what it was. so, what is the problem here? why isnt my system drive active? and why is my data drive active?
frown.gif

Last edited:
I'm no big tech geek here, I'm just wondering, how many partitions do you have? And how much space does your computer have on the whole drive itself? It could be that you have or have had a C: drive already when installing you Windows OS, and that it installed on your DATA drive, if you don't have anything important, I would go back into where you can delete partitions, and check if you have 2 partitions, one with C: and the other with D: if you have C: as inactive but a drive, it may have installed on the D: drive. DON'T DO THIS UNTIL A ADMIN CONFIRMS IT

You can have one active partition per drive, which has to contain the boot sequence if it is the first active partition. The first active partition encountered during boot determines the OS. Perhaps you might open Disk Management and use the snipping tool to take a picture and post using the paperclip.

If you have cloned a drive, sometimes this causes problems.

Back