Windows 7 Call of duty 4 problem!

wozu

Hi, i have a really annoying cod4 error. Everytime i start the game, the screen just turns black. And there is nothing i can do except go to task manager and end the process.. And thats it, no error msg or anything. im running win7 64-bit. i've also tried running the game with 640x800 resolution and i get the same error. BLACK SCREEN I would really appreciate som help!

Ive tried that too, i have comodo firewall and avg antivirus. Disabled them both. And the windows firewall.. I really want to play :/

Well, yeah. thats what i did. I dont think its a firewall-problem. Since always when i play games i exit the antivirus and firewall stuff.

Well, yeah. thats what i did. I dont think its a firewall-problem. Since always when i play games i exit the antivirus and firewall stuff.

I used to have Comodo Internet Security installed, and with the Firewall on (even when I disabled it but had it running) COD4MW2 would not start giving me black screen.

~~~~~~~

1. Update your video driver
2. Update COD4 if you run it on Steam
3. Update DirectX
4. Update system

1. I have the latest driver
2. I dont run it on steam, and have ver 1.7
3. I have dx11
4. The WHOLE system?

Having DX11 is not enough. Use DirectX Web Installler to update and add DirectX missing libraries. (Don't worry, it won't hurt DX11).

As for updating your system, you may want to use Link Removed - Invalid URL.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have a question, have you ever started that copy of COD4 you're having problems with? It can be something wrong with the game itself. Also, if the game didn't install correctly.

Thats the weird thing, it has always worked perfectly lagfree. But when i tried to launch it the other day, this problem started.. I'll try to install the stuff you linked and then I'll reply here :p sorry for my english, im from sweden :p

COD 4 needs a graphics card that supports both vertex and pixel shader v2.0, what most onboard cards don't.
There is no way to get around this issue besides buying another graphics card.The other components of your
PC would be more than sufficient to run COD.

Uhh... I dont have integrated graphics? That sucks. I have a geforce GT240 512mb GDDR3. AMD athlon Quad 2.6ghz. Gigabyte MA770-UD3 2gb kingston 800mhz ram. Ive played the game on this comp alot of times before. And all of a sudden it started to fail. Thats why i created this thread. So i do really appreciate some help :(

Not necessarily with the game - with the system.

1. Navigate to COD4 and delete (first back it up) the player profile.

2. If it doesn't help, delete NVIDIA COD profile

3. Also try: Nvidia Control Panel > Default settings

Back