Windows 7 Call of Duty: World at War...

rired48

I have fresh install of COD:WaW on an Intel SSD with Win7-64. I also have the game installed on my other HD, a WD Raptor with Win XP-32 bit. My Dell monitor's native resolution is 1920x1200. Under Win XP, I ran the game at 1600x1200 with no problems in 'full-screen'.

On the other new Intel SS drive with Win7-64, the game will NOT run correctly at 1600x1200. It 'runs' in a window with graphical glitches and very slowly (unplayable). I tried different nVidia drivers...helped a bit. I did not want to run the game at 1920x1200 as the computer slows down in performance. Speed on the online game server is critical to my son and me in this game.

I still have to optimize Win7-64 for gaming. I am not sure what SPECIFIC services/processes I can shut off to maximize the speed of my computer. Can anyone help me with details on this?

Thank you.

now i've got a new prob...when i try to go on the internet (in game) at the internet cafe during the mission "logging on" gta iv crashes to desktop...has anyone else experienced this? i can't even move forward in the game as a result

Hello, I am running the same game on an ASUS M3N-HD/HDMI, using an AMD Dual Core Athlon, at 2.66 Ghz, with dual video cards (SLI) Nvidia GE FORCE 9800 and 8 G RAM (DDR2), it runs very good, however sometimes the graphics will go "crazy", for example, in the second level, when the troops storm a beach somewhere, the water might NOT be there, you see bodies floating in the air!

So, with all the hardware I've got, the game occasionally gives problems.

Back
Top Bottom