Windows Vista Can i use a windows 2000 logon screen?

CQ3419

I've made a hidden account using the steps below, Therefore, you cannot see the hidden account from the welcome menu.

Now, in the Windows XP, all you had to do was press: Ctrl+Alt+Delete+Delete; however, windows vista does not have this option, so i was wondering if there is any way to enable this option, or any other way to log on to the special hidden account without logging into any other account.

Additional information: I am using Windows Vista Home Prenium.

1) Click on the Start Menu.
2) Where it says “Start Search” enter regedit and hit Enter.
3) A pop up will come up (UAC), just click Continue.
4) Once in regedit go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
5) In the left panel, right click on Winlogon and click New and click Key.
6) Type SpecialAccounts and press Enter

7) In the left panel, right click on SpecialAccounts and click New and click Key.
8) Type UserList and press Enter.
9) In right panel of UserList, right click on a empty area and click New then click DWORD (32bit) Value.
10) Type in the name of the user account that you want to hide and press Enter eg: Everyday Account.

11) In the right panel, right click on the user account name and click Modify. 12) To hide the user account - Type 0 and click OK. (number zero not the letter)
Whenever you want to unhide the account just unhide the it by typing 1 instead of zero.
13) Close regedit and you're done.

Back