Windows 7 Can not run windows live messenger

djc151084

I installed a copy of Windows 7 Home Premium on my system wich was running vista sp2 with no problems, and then I went to use live Messenger and it would not load. I install it, I go to run Messenger and it will not load. The "msnmsgr.exe" process appears in the "Processes" tab, but I cannot end the process. Whenever I try to open Messenger again, another process appear but again, the program will not open at all. I can end all the "msnmsgr.exe" processes except the one i opend 1st that is constantly running. Does anybody know how I can fix this and how I can get Messenger up and running? Also with the process msnmsgr.exe running my laptop will not turn off it hangs at shut down screen.

thanks
daniel

I can remove messenger thats not the problem the problem is that after i install it i can not open it, it opens in the task manager but it does not show up so i can not use it :( , and each time i click it multiple instances of it appear in task manager and i can close them all apart from the 1st one i opend wich will not close and stops my system closing down, i then have 2 remove it from my system :(

Maybe there are left over bits that aren't being removed completely like norton crap does and causes problems. One of the other uninstallers may get rid of it. Then you can reinstall and see if it helps.

i have tried all of the programs in the link above but still i got the same problem they dont help at all, has anybody got anymore suggestions plz

Both install and then run it in Vista compatibility mode. Should work. It'll be in the icon tray area.

That should fix it... it appears he is running the old messenger and not Live messenger... I have the exact opposite problem.. I have to work to KILL it from coming back.... why didn't they put in the option to let us decide when we want it to run? Is it making advertising money for Microsort? Why do they care if I run it or not? Windoz is like a box of chocolates.

Why didn't they put in the option to let us decide when we want it to run? Is it making advertising money for Microsort? Why do they care if I run it or not? Windoz is like a box of chocolates.

I feel quite comfortable with msconfig to control everything on startup, but there already should be an option for this, I'm sure. Or isn't there ?

Nope... run msconfig and go to startup and uncheck it. ..when messenger is not running. Then run messenger and go back and look.. it's checked to load at startup again. Everytime it runs it stuffs itself int the startup. I have startupmonitor that alerts me when anything wants do do that.

i fixed this issue now but i took the easy way out, i just re-installed a version of windows 7, i installed ultimate edition this time and not home premium, and now it works fine, :)

Back