Windows 10 Can you download Windows Store apps from the internet somewhere?

RUDY03

Hey guys,
As many are aware, we can install Android apps not only from the default store, but also from the internet, simply by downloading their ".apk" files, and installing them. It means that Android applications are installed from .apk files, implying the store simply installs it on your phone from the .apk once you download it, or sometimes, after you purchase it.
Similarly, can you download the installation files of Windows Store applications and install them on your PC as if they were taken from the Store? If yes, then what type of file extention are such "Metro" applications associated to? Can we download such files off the internet and simply install them?
I am asking this question, simply out of curiosity. I would like to try and install some Windows Phone apps on my PC and check them out, and especially because Paint 3D has released for Insiders, but I don't want an unfinished Creator's Update running on my PC, so I wished if I could just install Paint 3D on my Anniversary Ed., because on the Win Store, the app says it requires the features of the Creator's Update, so I do know I might just fail, but can someone please tell me if we can install Metro apps from the internet?
I read somewhere the file type is .appx , but from my research, I *think* it is false.

Thank You!

To my knowledge, running Windows Phone apps on a PC is not possible,:noway: at least at the present time using Microsoft-only tools. As Mike indicated, there are always 3rd party outfits making stuff to fill a niche-market like this. They come and go, and often it's a programmer or two moonlighting out of his home office or garage, so if they don't offer a paid version of their app, support is gonna be sketchy at best.:skull:
According to all the pre-W10 hoopla and Insider presentations and videos, you are trying to go in the wrong direction anyway.:eek:
Microsoft's strategy is to deploy PC apps and programs that previously ONLY ran on Windows PCs and has now begun porting them down to mobile devices using the Mobile Devices version of W10 on Smartphones and Tablets; not the other way around. :noway: This is probably why there is no built-in support in W10 to port the apps from Mobile devices back to the PCs.:waah:

<<<<BBJ>>>>

Back
Top Bottom