Cannot activate my windows7 beta copy (error 0xC004e003)

insa

Hi everyone,
i downloaded the beta version,got a key from microsoft website and installed windows beta yesterday, validation was successfull as well, then yesterday evening suddenly i ve been asked to activate again but i kept having this error, background goes black and i keep receiving warning messages.
I even tried to go trough the registration process again and tried a new installation with a new key, but no luck as soon as windows starts it says that the copy is not genuine and whenever i try to validate it i receive the code error 0xC004e003, one other funny thing is that the product id i have in the system control panel is not the one i typed while installing but it s a only number string.
Hope someone can help cause it s driving me mad=)
thanks!

yea..I had that problem also..
goto "C:\windows\system32\" & theres a file called slui.exe.bak
change that to slui.exe & then re-run the activation process with your valid key

hope this helped!

Not sure if it was the same error code, but I ended up doing it by phone, and that worked OK, just slower.

insa

Hi again, I don t have any backup file of slui.exe in my windows 7 system 32 folder, how does the phone activation works with windows 7?can t see that option, it s really bizarre cause i also keep receiving the message "you may be a victim of software counterfeiting i click on the link install genuine advantage software and then i get that the os is not supported.
This is getting really frustrating,reinstalling formatting doesn t make any difference as soon as windows starts says that my pre release version has expired -(

Just call the number for Microsoft Tech Support, explain to them, they will ask for Key, and activate it.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.