Windows 7 Cannot connect to Internet. Wireless or wired. Limited connectivity local access only

daveywoodard

No matter what I try I can get windows 7 to connect through to the Internet. Either wired or wireless. I think it might have something to do with DNS issues.

Try to find some way to install Mozilla Firefox 3.0 for Vista on there, if you are able to connect to the internet through firefox, we have the same problem.

It sounds to me like a network problem you say you can't connect wired or wirelessly so I assume you access the internet through a router correct? If so check to see if the internet light is on on the router. Also if its a DNS Issue you can use an alternative DNS Such as OpenDNS:

Preferred DNS server address for Open DNS is:

Alternate DNS server address for Open DNS is:

Anyone know if Kaspersky is giving problems with Win7? My network access dropped out of nowhere, now Windows says it cant connect to the dns server. I did a dnsflush, I also did a system restore. The only things on my comp are Kaspersky Camtasia and a Internet School app called NovaNET. Other small apps are; VLC, Firefox,uTorrent, I installed K-Lite Codec Mega pack. All these apps have been on for about 3-4 days. My comp started up with my network working so I didnt think of installing any drivers for my MB, I dont think it would matter much anyways cause this is Win7.
Any help would be fantastic.
Thnx
PerfectExecut1on

Back