Windows 7 Cannot connect to Windows 7 computer - the network path was not found

shinigamibob

I've tried everything I know, but here is my problem:

I have three computers - A, B, C. Computer B is the problem child. When I go to the network devices (network neigbourhood - windows 7), all my computer show up as expected. A,B and C all can see each other. A can access C and vice-versa. However, neither A nor C can access B - and B cannot access C. B can only access A.

When I try to access B from any computer - I get "the network path was not found" error. I can see the computer perfectly.

I am at my wits end... any help is appreciated.

Are they all on wired connections or are some wireless? Also are they all running Win7 or a mixture of operating systems?

I've tried everything I know, but here is my problem:

I have three computers - A, B, C. Computer B is the problem child. When I go to the network devices (network neigbourhood - windows 7), all my computer show up as expected. A,B and C all can see each other. A can access C and vice-versa. However, neither A nor C can access B - and B cannot access C. B can only access A.

When I try to access B from any computer - I get "the network path was not found" error. I can see the computer perfectly.

I am at my wits end... any help is appreciated.
The error, in your quote above that I've added emphasis to, is almost always produced by the presence of some third party software running on your networked computers.
My advice would be to Look at the each indivdual machine for firewalls and antivirus security suites (Comodo, Zone Alarm, McAfee, Norton, etc.) uninstall them, get your network up and running and then re-install later. There are of course ways and means of tweaking these applications to permit and allow trusted network nodes into their respective security controlled environment. But if you're not sure how to do this, then uninstalling and reinstalling might help you get the ball moving. Keep us posted.

Well... this is embarrasing...

The error, in your quote above that I've added emphasis to, is almost always produced by the presence of some third party software running on your networked computers.
My advice would be to Look at the each indivdual machine for firewalls and antivirus security suites (Comodo, Zone Alarm, McAfee, Norton, etc.) uninstall them, get your network up and running and then re-install later. There are of course ways and means of tweaking these applications to permit and allow trusted network nodes into their respective security controlled environment. But if you're not sure how to do this, then uninstalling and reinstalling might help you get the ball moving. Keep us posted.

Thanks for all the help Trouble, but Windows seems to have fixed itself - for the moment. I logged onto my computers today, and the login to other computers and so forth worked without a hitch. I didn't even touch a single setting. Windows sometimes tends to do that, but I'm glad its fixed. I seemed to have jumped to a conclusion too early when I was posting this thread, but it was bugging me for about a good week now. Now, I only need to wait for my brother to bring home the wirless N usb adapter he took to his science fair, so that I can have fast file transfers.

Thanks again.

Thanks for posting back and letting us know....it can sometimes take as much as 45 minutes or even more for netbios information to propagate throughout a network, but if the problem seems to come an go. Take a good look at your power settings for the nic, in device manager under the power management tab as well as any sleep, hibernate, power management schemes within the control panel power options applet, also make sure all nodes on the network have the same date, time settings. Too much power savings can of course result in network resources becoming unavailable.

Yea, thanks for the heads up. I never thought about the power settings... I just remembered, I changed my laptop power scheme last night. That might have had some effect.

Good to know people here are willing to help.

Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom