Windows 7 Canon iP4000R no status available

VanSquished

I have just moved to the Windows 7 x64 and have connected the above Canon printer. Although the installation process found a new Win 7 x64 driver for the printer it seems to have to problems:
a) The system cannot see the printer status (i.e. how's the ink levels etc) and possibly related
b) Photoshop CS3 cannot seem to print photos using the supplied Printer Profile - it prints images with dozens of thinhorizontal lines - I have run all the head aligment utilities and head cleaning options etc.
Any advice gratedully received.

I have just moved to the Windows 7 x64 and have connected the above Canon printer. Although the installation process found a new Win 7 x64 driver for the printer it seems to have to problems:
a) The system cannot see the printer status (i.e. how's the ink levels etc) and possibly related
b) Photoshop CS3 cannot seem to print photos using the supplied Printer Profile - it prints images with dozens of thinhorizontal lines - I have run all the head aligment utilities and head cleaning options etc.
Any advice gratedully received.

Hello,

Canon provides an Update for the Pixma IP4000R to see all the status features and ink levels. Just go to the canon website and look in the support area for pixma ip4000r and windows 7.

Hello,

Canon provides an Update for the Pixma IP4000R to see all the status features and ink levels. Just go to the canon website and look in the support area for pixma ip4000r and windows 7.

Thanks fraenky - however I have already downloaded the update to no avail - however as the printer is sitting next to the Win 7 PC - I went through the Doh! moment and have now connected it with the USB port instead of the network - this has cured all the issues with status and with PS printing. So hopefully a network bug fix will come out in the future from MS as it used to work on network under Vista and works under Win7 on USB.

Thanks

Van

i tried connecting my canon s750 through my network and couldn't make it work with similar symptoms to yourself, I concluded wait for an updated driver and resorted to simply connecting USB to my main PC :cool:

Back