Windows 10 Can't acces start menu

RV27

Hello,

In windows 10 bulid 10586.164 (stable version) I can't access the start-menu or I can't open the search bar. Could someone help me how to solve this problem?

Is it a new installation, or a new upgrade? Has it worked before? Have you tried installing updates or is an update pending or being installed?

For now, wait some time, a night or so, reboot and see what happens.

The installation is an upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10. The start menu has worked before, for now it doesn't work. As far as I know are all updates installed, but I will check once more tomorrow. Thanks for your help.

Today I have tried to restart the computer but I have got still the same problem. Is there another way how I could solve this? Or is the only way to use an installation disk to restore the system?

Sorry to hear that leaving the system alone and reboot did not help.

Go to All Settings > Update > System Restore, there is an option to completely reinstall W10. The sources are downloaded to your PC; you don't need an installation disk.

On machines I've encountered this on it required a clean install to fix it. In most cases Windows is corrupt.

You could also try do a repair install of Windows 10 by performing an in-place upgrade without losing anything other than all the windows up dates . You will need the Media Creation Tool for that!

Back
Top Bottom