MUSIC Can't Do That

Last edited:
Unfortunately Pauli that is my voice :rolleyes: Just nature playing a nasty trick on me :peace:
Some folk are follically challenged. I am vocally challenged and offer my ..erm songs by way of a... " What not to do.", when trying to sing :razz:

I seem to not have posted this, it was meant after your's after Sarstedt by me.But better late than never:

":oops: I'm sure you understand there was nothing personal - there wouldn't have been even if the singer had been on drugs. Some of the best music has actually been written and performed while under influence of something, as well as some of the best books.

But sorry, if I caused any increase in blood pressure. Cheerio. :up:"

I seem to not have posted this, it was meant after your's after Sarstedt by me.But better late than never:

":oops: I'm sure you understand there was nothing personal - there wouldn't have been even if the singer had been on drugs. Some of the best music has actually been written and performed while under influence of something, as well as some of the best books.

But sorry, if I caused any increase in blood pressure. Cheerio. :up:"
No increase in blood pressure Pauli but thanks for the nice reply ::up:

I'm not sure you would want to hear me sing. As a matter of fact, it might be my duty to warn against it. Unless in want of mental disturbance... :rolleyes:

I'm not sure you would want to hear me sing. As a matter of fact, it might be my duty to warn against it. Unless in want of mental disturbance... :rolleyes:
I should put a public health warning on my singing posts as well Pauli ;)

We have a saying, The bloom of humor is the world's best bloom. Let's cherish it. And the worst singer ever might be M.A. Numminen, presenting Alice in Wonderland,

He's a kind of a cult figure in Finland, at peak in 70's, a bit like Frank Zappa, when we youngsters liked surrealism. He can also be found auf Deutsch.

Despite the time difference, good things never die.

Last edited:
We have a saying, The bloom of humor is the world's best bloom. Let's cherish it. And the worst singer ever might be M.A. Numminen, presenting Alice in Wonderland,

He's a kind of a cult figure in Finland, at peak in 70's, a bit like Frank Zappa, when we youngsters liked surrealism. He can also be found auf Deutsch.

Despite the time difference, good things never die.

I am so happy to see I am not alone in being a bad singer :razz: http://windowsforum.com/threads/m-a-numminen-goes-tech-no-yes-sir-i-can-boogie-cover.195231/ :rofl:

I actually never said you were a bad singer. Leonard Cohen sounds like a man with a chronic flu.

I like nuts, they're tasty and healthy.

Last edited:
I have a great deal of liking for his music Pauli. Reason being he has a message. Not sure at times what the message is but that is his art :up: :peace:

If you mean Cohen, he's just superb. He's dealt with most aspects of human life, and he's done it with a delicate touch. Like, Strong words with a straight meaning, but no mean to hurt anyone. I find it remarkable - whenever I express myself strongly, I seem to hurt someone, even if I didn't intend to. I don't have what Leonard has, period.

Challenged, like you noted about yourself, I sure am. Strong somewhere, we're not that everywhere. Luckily we have others to count on - like in this Forum, no one knows everything, and no one has ever made jokes about my not-so-accurate answers. But, no one has ever shot me down.

Last edited:
I don't have what Leonard has, period.
Not many if any do have his remarkable talent with words. A poet who has turned to music to express more deeply his truth. His music has a power near equal to the word. Combined they are a true tour de force. :worship:

Amen to that.
I am often amazed that people like Cohen only appeal to a few discerning listeners. He had a few hits and then was returned to the circuit of touring and so forth.
I guess we do not value that which is of true worth but only look for thrills and quick reward, bereft of depth.
Still each to there own. :peace:

Yes, I would say the modern version of the Roman principle of Bread and circus, which was a way to rule people, is hype; it's like Hype of the people, by the people, for the people. The pretension is, we are all equal, but like it's been said in connection with the French revolution, When the people get the power, who gets it?

My judgment - now that was a nice word o_O - after strolling this earth for nearly 56 years is, most humans want to be ruled, even controlled. Enter, bread and circus, and hype. Perhaps George Orwell didn't describe a bad place, in his book 1984? Perhaps he gave a description of a pleasant society and system, in neat satisfaction for citizens? The Nazis had Arbeit macht frei as a slogan in Concentration Camps, but not one jew got free by Arbeit - the meaning of the slogan was universal, indicating that When you do your job, you're free - you don't need to think of anything else, directed towards true Germans. And that, my friend, is pretty much what we have: do your job, and the State / System will take care of everything else. Responsibility is not yours to worry about, the "State" takes care of it.

Oh my, I go preaching...:oops:

Interesting, one definition of hype is "to jump / step on thin ice". I continue with my nostalgic club:

Lyrics: http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/jethrotull/skatingawayonthethiniceofthenewday.html

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom