Windows 10 cant download

gary owen

all of a sudden i cant seem to download from chrome or any other browser as it says i dont have permission i have never added a new account to the system and it says that i am administrator i dont understand why it wont download anything.

please help

Hi gary! Windows 10 has several ways that can get your PC back to running like you want.
IMHO Restoring to a earlier time is the least evasive and the easiest. You can get to all the ways from advanced start up.
There are several ways to get there. I would ask how you upgraded to W10. Was it by windows up dates, or clean install?
Here's ways to get into advanced start up.Advanced Startup Options - Boot to in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
PS Welcome to the forum!

Attachments

• upload_2016-5-28_18-51-0.png
    49.7 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
i have just done a system restore nd this has sorted the problem but im just abit concerned this is just proponing the problem not fixing it completly

Glad to hear the problem is sorted. I don't have a answer why you weren't able to down load any thing before. What Anti-Virus are you using?
Did you upgrade with a clean install or from windows up dates. Is this the only problem you're having? If you can down load now, then I consider it fixed. If the problem returns we can try some thing different. I'm not a Chrome fan.
I prefer Firefox. You can down load it that and see if it gives you that problem. It never hurts to have another browser.
I have 4, but I prefer Firefox. Almost my bed time; but if you have more questions, I'll try to answer them! For another 30 minuites!

i use avg ive never had a problem with it before. i got this from a windows update ive never had a problem with not being able to download before so hopefully now it is all sorted out if i come across any more problem u will be the first person ui get in touch with

IMHO You would be much better using Windows Defender for your AV. Are you using the paid version of AVG?
I never like to interfere with what AV program a person chooses, but I'm really not a fan of AVG. There are a lot better free programs out there. I have used use AVG a long time ago but no longer. Most techs consider AVG a resource hog. I'm using Windows Defender and Malwarebytes Pro.
Let me know if you need help with that! I mention a clean install because a lot of PC users have had some problems with the windows update upgrade install and have went with the clean install. If it ain't broke don't fix it!
Have a great memorial week end and don't be a stranger here on the forum!

im getting really annoyed with avg atm soi im gonna unistall it now it keeps uninstalling programmes im using because it thinks everything is a virus im going to keep coming back here you have been really helpful thank you

Hi Friend! You may need the tool! Once it's uninstalled you should be able to turn on Windows Defender We love helping members here. There will always be someone here that will give their best effort to help you. Thanks for your kind words my friend.
Here's link!
How to uninstall AVG software | AVG

Last edited: