Windows 7 Cant find driver

Omar

Hello, i just got a cd with windows 7 and im trying to install it but instead of upgrade i want to install a new copy of windows but it dosent find the driver, ive run the cd through windows vista because even if i set cd to be top boot priority it dosent work, it also runs windows vista no matter what i try. Im running an Aspire 5517 and i checked their website and says the computer is compatible with windows 7. Any help would be appreciated, im not a computer genius but i know a little bit so hopefully i can go through with installing win7, thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited:
Hello, i just got a cd with windows 7 and im trying to install it but instead of upgrade i want to install a new copy of windows but it dosent find the driver, ive run the cd through windows vista because even if i set cd to be top boot priority it dosent work, it also runs windows vista no matter what i try. Im running an Aspire 5517 and i checked their website and says the computer is compatible with windows 7. Any help would be appreciated, im not a computer genius but i know a little bit so hopefully i can go through with installing win7, thanks in advance for any help.

Win7 is on a DVD, not a CD. Are you putting the install disk into a CD Drive? If you have a DVD Drive, boot from that by using the BIOS Boot Menu (normally F12) and tell it to boot from your DVD.

When you say it doesn't find the driver which driver do you mean? Just make sure your running the latest bios too:

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Back
Top Bottom