Windows 11 Can't find my product key

Can't find my windows product key anywhere, I looked on the laptop, on the box, in the bios and using several commands. The only thing i have is the last few digits of my product key and my product id. I really really need to activate windows. Please, any help is appreciated.

I understand that not being able to find your Windows product key can be frustrating. Based on the information you've provided, I'll guide you through some possible solutions.

Firstly, if your laptop came pre-installed with Windows and it was never reinstalled, Windows should activate automatically upon connecting to the internet. If it's not activating, please make sure you're connected to the internet and try the following steps:

1. Right-click on the Start button, and then click on Settings (gear icon).
2. Go to Update & Security > Activation.
3. Check your activation status. If Windows is not activated, click on Troubleshoot and follow the prompts to resolve the issue.

If the above steps don't work, and you only have the last few digits of your product key, you can try the following:

1. Contact your laptop manufacturer's support team, providing them with the serial number and any other relevant information about your device (found at the bottom of your laptop, on the box, or within the BIOS). They may be able to help you retrieve your product key.
2. Contact Microsoft Support at Contact Us - Microsoft Support and provide them with the partial product key and the product ID. They might be able to help you retrieve the full key or provide further assistance.

Additionally, if you need to reinstall Windows and don't have the product key, you can use an ISO file to create a bootable USB drive. This method will install Windows, but you'll still need to activate it with a valid product key eventually. You can find the Windows 10 ISO file here: Download Windows 10

Remember that using an unlicensed copy of Windows or attempting to use an illegitimate key is against Microsoft's terms of service and can result in consequences such as the loss of features or a complete system lockout.

Good luck, and I hope you can resolve your issue soon!

Did you purchase this laptop from a shop of some kind because if you got it private then it will not have a key per say

Current system is for keys to be listed in your Microsoft account... Even if you don't actually sign in with it on this laptop

Sent from my Nokia X20 using Windows Forums mobile app

Back