Windows 10 Can't get Acer Key to work

Bryana

I'm really annoyed with the stupid windows keys that get issued with computers (Tablets and laptops). I have tried 6 different Windows 10 iso's today and not a single one would recognize my very valid Windows 8 key. And forcing people to reinstall 8, update, reboot, update, reboot, update, reboot, upgrade to 8.1, update again, and again, and again, and finally upgrade to 10 is so ridiculous!!! And at the end of it all, I still don't think it's going to work.

I wouldn't even bother, but my Windows 10 Insider preview is corrupt and I can't find any insider preview iso's to download (not now anyway). And I have work to do.

Microsoft, cut it out already. LET ME USE MY KEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you started with windows 8 oem, grabbed the free 8.1 upgrade then you will need the Windows 10 home edition... the download tool is at: Windows 10

I've tried that. I tried all 3 of the home editions for US as well as one pro edition, just to make sure. No luck. Acer says I can only "update" from 8.1, though that makes no sense and I don't know how they would know that. I'm probably going to end up spending $120 just to get a second copy of an OS that I already own. I'm starting to think it's intentional - a scam to get people to buy extra copies that work.
Does anyone know if the "windows keys" that are embedded in the BIOS are actually recognized by MS? I pulled the key from my machine with 3rd party software, since it was never given to me on a sticker or anything.

Sorry mate, all I can say is my Asus laptop key worked fine... I've never owned an Acer but I would contact Microsoft and ask them what version you should pick... good luck

Back