Windows 8 Can't install Belkin F6D4050 V2

greendesert

Hi

I am unable to make this belkin device work on windows 8 pro. Although the installation goes thru, it has that yellow mark in the device manager. I downloaded the Ralink RT3070 drivers from mediatek site but that also did not install the proper drivers ? any help ? thanks.

Hello and welcome to the forum.
I can't find any specific driver for Windows 8, so you'll need to get this one from here Belkin USA Site and cross your fingers.
The device itself is a bit old as "The System Requirements" suggest Vista as being the latest OS that it started with. I noticed that Belkin has written a Windows 7 Driver that is suppose to work on both 32 and 64 bit systems which helped a lot of people get these to work on their Windows 7 systems. Whether of not that same driver will get the job done for Windows 8 will likely be a matter of trial and error.
Also you may want to consider using Windows Updates as a last resort to see if perhaps that might provide a driver that is compatible.
Finally you may need to consider looking towards replacing the device with something more recent that is Windows 8 Logo'd (compatible) as I had to do recently with an old trustworthy Linksys USB network dongle.
Regards
Randy

Back