Windows 7 Can't install Blu-ray

mardique

So I've been trying my damnest to install the firmware for my Blu-ray drive, a Pioneer 207DBK, but I always get the same error: Available target is not found. The drive works, it just can't read blu-rays without that firmware. And that happens no matter the version I have, 1.20, 1.21, and 1.30. So is there a 1.0 version that I'm missing or something? My Google is not strong so I can't find anything.

The drive appears to be a Blu-Ray burner so you should be able to burn and read those DVDs. It will not play Blu-Ray movies without software.

Since the 1.30 version of the firmware appears to be the latest, what version to you currently show. You can use msinfo32.exe to see what it is.

And you did download the update from the Pioneer site? It does say if the drive is an OEM version the firmware may not work and you need to contact the system manufacturer.

Firmware DOWNLOAD : PIONEER CORPORATION

The drive appears to be a Blu-Ray burner so you should be able to burn and read those DVDs.
Actually, it's NOT a Blu-Ray burner. It's a BDC207, not a BDR207. I can't find the firmware for the C, all I find is the R, that's what I need. And right now it's running on the windows driver.

Ok, so I finally found the problem. I don't need firmware for it. I need to buy a specialized player software to play the Blu-rays. That... sucks. These programs are expensive as hell too. I already paid 50$ for the drive and now I have to pay another 50$ just to play the damn disks. What a goddamn ripoff.

Oh well. Yo ho, ahoy and avast...

It's blasted. What we need is to have cars not running on gasoline unless EU or US or UN have given us a paid for stamp. And we can't fill bicycle tires unless we have a license. All goes in a good direction?

And no one opposes. Like Hitler wrote, If you want to lie to people, lie big. A small lie people will notice, but a big one they won't comprehend. We all know what came out of that.

Last edited:
I have to withdraw. Slightly, not all the way. Having done a mental battle where I was about to start a law suit against Asus, I came to the conclusion: when you buy a car, you don't expect to get free fuel for the rest of your life, nor free oil or parts.

Admitting it, I purchased PowerDVD, I had a minor wrestle with them too, but now everything's fine.

On a larger scale, something has happened to mankind. We seem to have developed a mindset where everything is a right, duties are out. It's happened to me too. I used to think, in order to get something, you need to work for it, but from somewhere or nowhere came the idea and notion often mentioned in ads, You're worth it. You deserve it, even without doing anything. I'm not saying people aren't laborious, I'm not saying people are lazy - which I am, in fact - I work the least possible with the highest fee possible. But something has happened in the mental atmosphere?

Contradicting myself, I do it with a clear conscience - or do I? Perhaps I'm just about to be an old and bitter man. Drink like Hemingway.

Last edited:
Back