Windows 7 Can't install Visual Studio 2008 Pro on 64bit W7-7077

abeery

I have searched and searched and cannot find any way to get VS2008 pro to install on 64bit Windows 7... I even upgraded from 7000 to 7077 in an attempt to get this to work... I can't believe VS2008 has not been tested by Microsoft so there must be a way to make this happen... My account is an Admin, I have UAC essentially turned off.... I have tried running setup under Vista SP2 emulation... setup dies shortly after accepting license with a dependency error... There is a reg hack in another location on this forum and I have tried that but still no luck... anybody got a fix or work arround for this?

Visual Studio 2008 Pro on 32bit W7-7077 WORKS!

I loaded a virtual machine on this 64bit server and loaded Windows 7 (7077) x86 (32bit) and I can load and use Visual Studio 2008 pro... real shame because I wanted to see how this tool worked on a Quad core with 8GB of RAM... Does no one have a clue how to get this to work (64 bit install)? Surely I can't be the only one to have fought this battle

Not too sure if this is similar, but I have Visual Basic 2008 Express Edition (which I believe is a part of Studio) installed fine since Build 7000 and upgraded every build, currently on 7077.

Not too sure if this is similar, but I have Visual Basic 2008 Express Edition (which I believe is a part of Studio) installed fine since Build 7000 and upgraded every build, currently on 7077.

Yes but are you running a 64bit version of Windows 7 or 32 bit... can get x86 (32bit) to work... its the 64bit version that's the bugger

Hi there
downloaded the express edition from MS site -- no probs. Running X-64 build 7077 (but I did also have it working on X-64 build 7048 as well).

Got the whole suite (VB 2008) etc etc from MS site -- the express edition is FREE as well.

Cheers
jimbo

Express works 64Bit... Pro and Team editions do NOT install 64Bit

Yes I have confirmed Express editions will load but unfortunately not the Professional or Team Editions...

Microsoft if you are monitoring this is a big hole especially since the Visual Studio 2010 CTP has expired... this will be a show-stopper for my company if the developers cannot develop in the same environment we want to put on our employee's desktops

Microsoft if you are monitoring this is a big hole especially since the Visual Studio 2010 CTP has expired... this will be a show-stopper for my company if the developers cannot develop in the same environment we want to put on our employee's desktops

Hopefully you're company or developers are not using a beta OS as their primary desktop solution!

Of course not but we had intended to move to Windows 7 as soon as possible skipping Vista... Unless this gets addressed I'm going to have to recommend we hold off.

Don't get me wrong I've a lot of good things to say aboyt W7... But to have come so far in our pre-deployment vetting process only to fail on a major Microsoft application suite... I would have thought Microsoft was developing using Visual Studio and would have tried it on W7-64 just out of curiousity

Maybe this might help!

I went thru a couple of hours of digging and still didn't find an answer but I did get Visual Studio 2008 Professional install on Windows 7 64 Bit RTM. I have the details on my blog. Link Removed - Invalid URL

Back