Windows 7 CANT INSTALL windows 7 7100 x64 bit !!! HELP

The-1

Ive extracted the image and put it on a DVD. When i boot up in the corner of the screen a small line flashes then goes away. I tested and my 32bit Vista disk works and boots. My system is good enough for 64bit . I really dont know what 2 do :confused::confused: help me ls I really wana install windows 7 RC1. ATM im duel booting wit windows 7 32bit 7057 and windows vista 32 bit :mad:

with ImgBurn under File Sys: with my vista its says: ISO9660 (bootable) UDF (1.02) but with my windows 7 disk it only shows: UDF (1.02)

Last edited:
Sounds like either a corrupt ISO or a bad burn.. what app did you use to burn the image?? ;) Remember some of those leaked builds contain malware and or trojans.. that the risk you take when you download OS's from untrusted sources... ;)

Also, what are your system specs? It could be an external device (usb drive, webcam, etc) causing the problem as well.. or a bad BIOS setting.. Once we have a bit more info from you it'll be a little easier to diagnose the problem.. :)

I have same kind of a problem here. I am now running 32 bit build 7000 of Windows 7 and trying to do a clean installation of the 64 bit RC. So, I downloaded the image and burned it to a dvd and set my bios to boot from dvd. The installation "starts" normally when the computer asks to press any key to boot from a dvd. Then an installation bar (Windows is extracting files or something like that) appears and after that a Windows 7 boot logo and it goes to a desktop-like screen where it gets stuck. Anyone has any hints to get it work properly? My system is 64-bit capable. Thank you.

I have same kind of a problem here. I am now running 32 bit build 7000 of Windows 7 and trying to do a clean installation of the 64 bit RC. So, I downloaded the image and burned it to a dvd and set my bios to boot from dvd. The installation "starts" normally when the computer asks to press any key to boot from a dvd. Then an installation bar (Windows is extracting files or something like that) appears and after that a Windows 7 boot logo and it goes to a desktop-like screen where it gets stuck. Anyone has any hints to get it work properly? My system is 64-bit capable. Thank you.

Hi maqqaRa,

After waiting for 20-30 mnts if it still is that way, Force reboot and see . Don't press any key during the reboot to avoid installation to begin all over. Leave the DVD in the drive but watch for the installation to go on for completion.

It will be very nice if you post the entire system's Specs so we can have enough data about such system hanging. Many of the Forum posts are totally inadequate for such analysis because of lack of proper data. Information that would be needed for meaningful anlysis:

1. EXACT Make and Model of the MOTHERBOARD if custom built PC [If it is a brand name Computer , its Exact Make & Model will suffice. With that as a search term we can find out about most default devices and software loaded on Commercially manufactured Computers from their support websites]
  2. EXACT Make and Model of the CPU
  3. EXACT Make and Model of the RAM; Total RAM
  4. EXACT Make and Model of any Add -on cards ( PCI/AGP/ PCIE etc) in the system
  5. EXACT Make and Model of any Internal or Exteranal USB device attached to the system
  6. EXACT Make and Model of Power Supply Unit
Thank you.

Thanks for posting cmn :)
Haven't done that waiting thing yet but here are some stats from my computer:
Motherboard: MSI K9N NEO-F V3, Chipset nForce 560
CPU: AMD Athlon 64X2 5200+
RAM: 4096 Mbytes (2x2048mbytes) of A-Data DDR2 800Mhz memory
PCI-E: Ati Radeon HD4850 512Mb
USB: Logitech MX500 gaming mouse
PS2: Labtec Ultraflat Wireless Keyboard.
Power Supply: Urgh, some 500 Watt, dont know the make but it came with the case, no problems that I'd know about :eek:

Thanks for posting cmn :)
Haven't done that waiting thing yet but here are some stats from my computer:
Motherboard: MSI K9N NEO-F V3, Chipset nForce 560
CPU: AMD Athlon 64X2 5200+
RAM: 4096 Mbytes (2x2048mbytes) of A-Data DDR2 800Mhz memory
PCI-E: Ati Radeon HD4850 512Mb
USB: Logitech MX500 gaming mouse
PS2: Labtec Ultraflat Wireless Keyboard.
Power Supply: Urgh, some 500 Watt, dont know the make but it came with the case, no problems that I'd know about :eek:
Thank you very much maqqaRa,

Those SPECS seem quite OK for Win7.
I believe we have enough information for the needed data base. Some of the things that can be a problem are the Wireless KB and Mouse . Is the mouse also Wirelss or Optical USB.

1. PS2: Labtec Ultraflat Wireless Keyboard . Is that really PS/2 connected keyboard? Being wireless I thought its transreceiver is connected to the USB port. Even when USB keyboards are enabled in the BIOS , Wireless Keyboards seem to have problem during installation. I keep a **PS/2 Keyboard and Mouse handyto avoid installation problems.
** Time for some computer trivia: The term PS/2 is derived from IBM's Personal System/ 2 computers marketed in 1987 introducing it then as an advanced propritary architecture!

If the problem persists try PS/2 KBD and Mouse
500 Watts PSU seems adequate for the hardware listed
Good luck

No solution, but more of the same

I tried an upgrade from Windows Vista 64 bit to Windows 7 64bit (downloaded from the Microsoft site May 5th). The installation hangs, leaving a wounded OS version that runs a few things, but mostly ignores programs). It has no taskbar. It sees but will not open Word documents, but it will run Google Earth. It will not run IE8, and does not find Help files. The screen that does show show up says Windows 7 Build 7100 but I wonder if the programs that do work are still using Vista 64 bit. There was very little software on this machine but it ran fine before the upgrade attempt.

System specs are:
Polywell X5800A Tower
Motherboard: ASUS P6T DeLuxe
CPU: Intel i7-940, 2.93 GHz
Memory: 6GB, DDR3 1333 PC3 (3x2GB Memory)
750W V2.2 EPS Power Supply
Hard Drives (2): Seagate 300 GB SAS 15K RPM and a Seagate 500 GB SATA-II
All-in-One Internal Card Reader
Logitech PS2 Keyboard, Model Number Y-UM78A
Logitech LX-7 Optical Mouse (Cordless)
Any suggestion of what to do next are appreciated. Thanks.

I tried an upgrade from Windows Vista 64 bit to Windows 7 64bit (downloaded from the Microsoft site May 5th). The installation hangs, leaving a wounded OS version that runs a few things, but mostly ignores programs). It has no taskbar. It sees but will not open Word documents, but it will run Google Earth. It will not run IE8, and does not find Help files. The screen that does show show up says Windows 7 Build 7100 but I wonder if the programs that do work are still using Vista 64 bit. There was very little software on this machine but it ran fine before the upgrade attempt.

System specs are:
Polywell X5800A Tower
Motherboard: ASUS P6T DeLuxe
CPU: Intel i7-940, 2.93 GHz
Memory: 6GB, DDR3 1333 PC3 (3x2GB Memory)
750W V2.2 EPS Power Supply
Hard Drives (2): Seagate 300 GB SAS 15K RPM and a Seagate 500 GB SATA-II
All-in-One Internal Card Reader
Logitech PS2 Keyboard, Model Number Y-UM78A
Logitech LX-7 Optical Mouse (Cordless)
Any suggestion of what to do next are appreciated. Thanks.

I have had freezeup in installation with USB Internal Memory Card Reader ( see this post: http://windows7forums.com/windows-7-installation-upgrade/5024-freezes-completing-install.html)

In addition Wireless KBD and wireless Mouse also don't seem to work too well during install. The Upgrade installation path from VISTA to Win7 RC might be acceptable but I have not ventured so far electing to do Custom Install on free space on large drives we can buy at relatively cheaper price these days than several years ago.

My suggestion: Disconnnect all internal and External USB devices until installation is completed.

Use Wired Input devices until installation is completed.

Yea i think i have the exact same problem as you, i see the ' Windows Loading ' screen and the ' Windows Startup '. As soon as i see the colourful blue background and the mouse cursor it freezes or stops loading, i am still able to move the mouse at this point but after endless waiting, nothing happens... I've tried a different DVD drive, a new DVD and even a boot from usb!! If this is the same let me know, Thanks.

I'm also having the same problem. I'm currently dual booting windows vista 32bit and windows 7 build 7000. I have downloaded the ISO twice now and tried burning it on two different programs, both at slower speeds. Every time I change my biod to boot from dvd I get a blinking line in the top left corner, nothing happens for about 5 minutes and then a 0xc00000e9 error appears. Sometimes it says corrupt hardware and others it says an external drive may be causing a problem. My hardwork works perfectly fine when in either vista or W7 and I have no external drives hooked up. Any ideas on what this is?

I'm running:
XFX PVT84JUDD3 GeForce 8600GT XXX 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 SLI Supported Video Card

SAMSUNG SpinPoint P Series SP2504C 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive

Kingston ValueRAM 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 533 (PC2 4200) Desktop Memory Model KVR533D2N4/1G x 3GB

GIGABYTE GA-M61P-S3 AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 6100 / nForce 430 ATX AMD Motherboard

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ Windsor 2.4GHz Socket AM2 89W Dual-Core Processor Model

any suggestions?

Last edited:
Back