Windows 7 Can't Install Windows 7, problem with disk???

nattybumpo123

I had installed windows 7 on my computer in the past, but during a reformatting process, it was deleted. Now, when I try to install it, it doesn't work and leaves me in a constant loop of these two different screens

2lifm6c.jpg

2cct4k7.jpg

Interesting... Will it let you boot off the Windows 7 install disc at all? If it will then I'd boot from it and format your HDD again, then start fresh with a clean install.. if it won't than I'm not sure what to do, I'll do some research on it though and see if I can find you an answer.. I'll report back if I find anything.. ;)

Also, if you have a Windows XP or Vista install disc maybe try booting off one of those just so you can format the HDD then try using your Windows 7 disc after all is formatted.. ;)

I can't boot from it at all. I've also tried it in both Virtualbox and Microsoft Virtual PC. Both to no avail. I have a partitioned yet unformatted(RAW) section of my hard drive, but can't use it because I can't boot from the cd at all. This isn't really convincing me that Windows 7 is going to be better. And, interestingly enough, it appears that any support from Microsoft will now cost you, about 60 bucks. Rip-off.

I can't boot from it at all. I've also tried it in both Virtualbox and Microsoft Virtual PC. Both to no avail. I have a partitioned yet unformatted(RAW) section of my hard drive, but can't use it because I can't boot from the cd at all. This isn't really convincing me that Windows 7 is going to be better. And, interestingly enough, it appears that any support from Microsoft will now cost you, about 60 bucks. Rip-off.

What I am going to say is a wild guess because I don't have any idea about the hardware specs of the system you have this problem.
Is it possible your DVD drive may have a problem reading the disc? Just to prove that the DISC itself is healthy, can you try to boot that disc from another computer's DVD drive? If it can boot to the Setup , the diagnosis is a faulty DVD drive that is made to boot first in BIOS Setup of the "problem PC " and the fix becomes obvious.

I said the above not to sound to be too basic. If you have not made a working DVD drive as the booting device before HDD that might have a Bad Boot Manager from a previous install that was fouled up, the error message shown on the previously uploaded image can occur. Therefore prove the DVD is healthy and by inference it is the DVD drive that is not functioning as it should and look for the cause in the BIOS before booting with that DVD.

Last edited:
Hmm...I'm doubtful that's it. I've also tried it in both Virtualbox and Virtual PC off of an iso image. So, the eliminates the possibility of a faulty drive. However, that does lead me to another idea for what I can try. Thanks for your help. I'll let you know what I find out and if all else fails, post my computer specs and see if I have another disc or image hidden somewhere.

Hmm...I'm doubtful that's it. I've also tried it in both Virtualbox and Virtual PC off of an iso image. So, the eliminates the possibility of a faulty drive. However, that does lead me to another idea for what I can try. Thanks for your help. I'll let you know what I find out and if all else fails, post my computer specs and see if I have another disc or image hidden somewhere.

A successfully completed troubleshoot is a joy to the person who had the problem but posting it in the forum is a real blessing to those who seek help here. So, by all means come back and tell us how you fixed it and we all can learn from you. Thank you.

A successfully completed troubleshoot is a joy to the person who had the problem but posting it in the forum is a real blessing to those who seek help here. So, by all means come back and tell us how you fixed it and we all can learn from you. Thank you.

Thanks, but I never said I succeeded, and I have a few ideas to try, meaning only one will work. I don't want to share a bunch of failures and one success and make it confusing, so just keep your pants on.

Tried reburning the iso to a dvd, nothing worked differently. The dvd drive reads any other dvd just fine, including burned dvd's. I have tried to boot from the dvd on another computer, which was also running vista, I got the same error messages.

Last edited:
I had the same screen come up and did a re-install and let Win7 reformat the hard-drive. Then it worked and installed properly (albeit I don't know why)....

Verify RAM errors before you start the installation. Most of the problems during the OS installation are because of the RAM, try to do some scan, change it for another, if you have 2 RAM's try to use just one of them, verify that you have at least 1gb...

Back